Permanent Brilliance & Ramos-Spiders

Borzag

Question

Hi peoples,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to find anything. Anyway, one of the guys over on WAU was wondering what happens when you perma-Brilliance a Steampunk Arachnid which then joins a swarm (or leaves it afterwards).

What would this do to the Brilliance? Would it carry over to the Swarm, and if so is it permanent, and what happens on the split?

I have to admit I'm curious too as I'm currently painting my Lynch mob...

Cheers!

Borzag

3 answers to this question

So normally brilliance would not go onto a summoned model since the previous model was sacrificed but since Brilliance is an effect and swarm together specifically says that any effects on the original arachnids are applied to the swarm the swarm will receive permanent brilliance. When the swarms scatters all the new arachnids will also receive permanent brilliance since scatter says that the three summoned arachnids each receive all the effects on the swarm. Also remember that when the swarm scatters it creates three new arachnids they are not the same three arachnids that went into the swarm.

"Any wounds or effects on the individual Steampunk Arachnids are applied to the Steampunk Arachnid Swarm."

Since it is an effect that provides a characteristic, it transfers, and I believe perma-Brilliance just changes when the effect wears off (Never), so the Swarm is still perma-Brilliant.