Newbie to Malifaux

WolfDayDream

While I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a demo so you can understand the rules the intention of the Vassal module, at least as I understand it (as with most Vassal modules for other tabletop games), is that you own the stuff (or at least the book) that you're playing with.

If you're on later I'd be happy to help.

Edit: Though I'm confident Wyrd won't mind if a demo helps you decide to save up your money for Malifaux minis. :fireball:

While I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a demo so you can understand the rules the intention of the Vassal module, at least as I understand it (as with most Vassal modules for other tabletop games), is that you own the stuff (or at least the book) that you're playing with.

If you're on later I'd be happy to help.

Edit: Though I'm confident Wyrd won't mind if a demo helps you decide to save up your money for Malifaux minis. :fireball:

I do wish I would have realized that before I downloaded it then again I suppose I could download the rule book and find the stat cards online?

I do wish I would have realized that before I downloaded it then again I suppose I could download the rule book and find the stat cards online?

You can find most of the Book 1 models thorugh the Malifaux webstie, roganized by Faction.

http://www.malifaux.com/Downloads.php

This will give you a good idea of the fundamental play styles in Malifaux. Masters to avoid, if you're a beginner: Nicodem, Leveticus, Pandora, Zoraida, Marcus, Rasputina. In my opinion. The rest can be grasped in a small amount of time :)

You can find most of the Book 1 models thorugh the Malifaux webstie, roganized by Faction.

http://www.malifaux.com/Downloads.php

This will give you a good idea of the fundamental play styles in Malifaux. Masters to avoid, if you're a beginner: Nicodem, Leveticus, Pandora, Zoraida, Marcus, Rasputina. In my opinion. The rest can be grasped in a small amount of time :)

I plan to be Collette I like Burlesque and mages. Also should I download the Arcanist stat cards?

Yes, I'd say do that. My comment above was merely to inform you that Vassal doesn't mean a free ride - but playing with the V2 cards as suggested above should give you a feel for the game (V2s are most/all from book 1) - Collette has not been errata'ed to a V2 so you can't play her without having her physical crew or buying book 2.

I'm around the next couple hours if you still want a demo.

Yes, I'd say do that. My comment above was merely to inform you that Vassal doesn't mean a free ride - but playing with the V2 cards as suggested above should give you a feel for the game (V2s are most/all from book 1) - Collette has not been errata'ed to a V2 so you can't play her without having her physical crew or buying book 2.

I'm around the next couple hours if you still want a demo.

Rats guessed I missed you >.< But what chars are updated for V2? I like Colette but she is not the only figurine I wanna be I'd love to try Dark Debts but have no idea about him, if Kairi was it? The lady with the spirits of vengeances if she is V2 updated I'd love to try her out.

There are cards availible on the web for most of Book 1, Hamelin and his crew and Lord Chompybits/Dreamer.

So master wise that means -

Guild: Lady Justice, Perdita, Sonnia Criid

Ressurectionists: Nicodem, Seamus, Dr McMorning

Arcanist: Ramos, Marcus, Rasputina

Neverborn: Zoraida, Lileth Pandora, Lordchompybits/dream (seperate pdf)

Outcast: Leveticus, Sommer, The Viktorias, Hamelin (seperate pdf).

They are there primarily for people that bought the old rules to see the changes rather than wyrd making them open access for everyone so I wouldn't expect to get all the stat cards downloaded.

There is certainly enough to use for a demo purpose, but from the sounds of it, you'll have to either buy the books or the figures for the stats you want. Most of the Colette crew are in Book 2 Rising powers, as is Kirai. The dark depts are in Book 4, (something about shadows, its exact name escapes me)