Anyone tried Mei Feng without Rail Workers?

daemonkin

I just tried Mei, Kang, Willie, 2 archers, and orian. It worked ok, but not great against Nico. A very large number of zombies fell to their arrows. The arrows mostly cleared the way for Mei and Kang to do their dirty work. I am very new, and missed some nuances, but this was a functional crew that came up to a draw against a good opponent.

Kang is the one I am unsure of with Mei. He's great, but I think he overlaps a bit with the Rail Golem. Now, Kang with other 10T masters? I've been wanting to give him a whirl under McCabe for a bit, particularly once I have Traps and can use the Infiltrate Malifaux scheme with them all. Trap Stashing out Traps with the tanky Kang while Wastrels run objectives is an attractive proposition to me.

Kang with McCabe was worth his weight in 'stones. Went down to 1 wd and healed back up the next turn. Of course, that list was all beatsticks: Kang, Mr. Graves, Sidir, Ototo, and McCabe; so there wasn't one particularly squishy model for Hoffman to focus on.

Kang and Mr. Graves with Jakob Lynch allowed me to take the 10T scheme without much fear of losing my dual faction models. Kang also gave Hungering Darkness something to snack on (after perma-brilliance on him) until it got in range of some Mexican food (HD feeding on Ortegas or making them shoot their own grandma).

I can't chime in on Mei, specifically, because I haven't fielded her yet (although she's very nearly painted). But regarding Misaki, yeah, she's good in a solo capacity. She can go off, ignore the rest of her crew, let them do what they do, then drop off some Torakage right where you need them to be. Still, that's more of a strength of the ninjas themselves, paired with a highly mobile model. McCabe is just as mean at dropping ninjas off right where you need them and the opponent doesn't want them.