"FotT" League Paint log

Boshea

As stated in the announcement for my league, every player who posts at least one fully painted model in this thread is eligible for the "Sharp dressed man" prize at the end of the league. Like "Fate is fickle" its another prize that encourages basic participation into the league. So since I dislike starting painting threads lacking models, may as well get this rolling with the ever classy Jakob Lynch.

103_2580_zps247949b0.jpg103_2581_zpsb2f6cdd3.jpg103_2582_zps2b9cea8d.jpg103_2583_zps2a4070b6.jpg

Overall really like how this model turned out. Bases were done with a self made mold and milliput. Not amazing, but pretty good cobblestone. I'll try to get a picture of one on its own later. I'm mostly impressed I got the goatee to turn out.

So for all my league participants, paint scores are not in effect until March 18th, but I'd likely get started now. So post some finished stuff, or even some WiP stuff if you got something crazy planned. If you get your entire crew toss up a crew picture to make voting for best painted easier at the end of league.

Edited by Boshea

Hmmm, hopefully this isn't going to be like most paint related threads I start that mostly consist of me rambling to myself for several posts in a row. Anyway one thing I forgot to mention in the opening post is that there will a painting and terrain building day at GZ Fredericton on the 17th and 24th of March with the Warmahorde players. While we've been making do with the warhammer terrain the store has, we could really use some 30mm scale stuff since we all can't play on my terraclip board. Modular forests and ruined walls/barricades I believe are the main two things. The 17th is also the day before paint score comes into effect, so if you were putting it off it may get you motivated.

As always may as well put some painted stuff up.

103_2584_zps558d0b14.jpg103_2585_zpsfaf14e88.jpg103_2586_zps89c02eba.jpg103_2587_zpsd22f7afb.jpg

I like the other beckoner model more, but this one could be painted while attached to a base. Tried some different things for colors, and I'm happy with the results. Skin tone was a little touchy and had to be redone, but that was mostly from rushing the wash.

103_2588_zps5aa9312c.jpg103_2589_zps46044e10.jpg103_2590_zps6db27e95.jpg103_2591_zps5ce86f2d.jpg

Huggy was mostly an experiment with the GW glaze. I like the results, but glaze definitely seems to be something designed for metallic colors. I'll have to try it again when I have a magical blade to paint. He still has a very dark and ethereal look, which is what the goal was. Base was also trying something different. I just have this vision of the hungering darkness being surrounded by this impenetrable darkness, so I went and gave him kind of a smoking base. It probably still needs to be manipulated more, but it at least covers the glob of milliput that holds him to the base. The tiny feet and tail weren't working on their own. Gave him big purple eyes to match the rest of the crew, and I'll probably put some 'ard coat over them to make the glossy.

Any comments from all members are welcome. The goal of this was to get players input from outside of the locals.

Edited by Boshea

• 3 weeks later...

Was really hoping that someone else would post something up by now. Anyway Illuminated all painted up.

103_2593_zps2e37465e.jpg

Just have my other beckoner left to finish up before having my entire league crew painted. Then on to the pile of unpainted models unrelated to this thread. Need to try and get the beckoner done by tomorrow so I can get paint score for my games. 20pts shared claim jump I think is the only time I'd play two below 35pts.

Edited by Boshea

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the base for the Hungering Darkness. It fits him well. The purple looks very well on Mr Lynch! I have difficulty seeing what the base inserts look like, would like to know what they are :)

Funny you are painting/starting 10T - there isn't a starting 10T on a budget thread yet *wink*