3/30/2013 - Londonderry, NH 1-day Tourn. :: International Tabletop Day

PeregrineFalcon

post-10269-13911928067595_thumb.jpg

Wyrd is supporting Geek & Sundry's International Tabletop Day and I've decided to couple it with a 1-day Malifaux tournament. The event will be centered around the tournament, but you don't have to participate in the tournament to attend. Other games will be available, including EBO. Stop by for a quick game (or a demo of Malifaux), or attend the tournament running from 12-6pm.

Tournament Info: 3 Rounds, $5 entry fee, prizes for 1st, 2nd (3rd place if enough attendees). PRE-REG BONUS: The first 6 people to Pre-register and attend the tournament will have their entry fee waved! To pre-register you must post on this thread that you are attending, please state "This is a pre-reg request" somewhere in your post to be eligible, the first 6 will qualify.

What: Malifaux 1-day tournament

Where: The Game Castle

Address: 123 Nashua Rd. #5 Londonderry, NH 03053

When: March 30th, 2013

Time: Registration 11-12, 12-6 tournament.

International Tabletop Info: Nothing special to register for this. Just show up anytime between 11 and 6 pm for some 'open' gaming. I'll have starter crews to demo Malifaux, and a copy of Evil Baby Orphanage. Other games are more than welcome and recommended. I'll probably bring a bucket of my goodies. P.S. I'll be running the tournament so that will take priority, but can multi-task and handle TO obligations while playing. It's going to be loads of fun, and coordinated with a gather of gamers internationally. Be part of the FUN!

Links/Other:

• Game Castle Website
  • For Q&A about the event please post here, I will respond as quickly as possible.

---------- UPDATE / RESULTS ------------

Photos starting HERE

1st Fasetnhate - Ten Thunders

2nd Jonah - Guild

3rd nix - Neverborn

4th alegionaire - Outcasts

4th IChewSoulStone - Ten Thunders

6th TruAskew - Neverborn

7th Drool_bucket - Outcasts

8th Abdiel - Neverborn

9th Inquisitor Wall - Ressurectionists

10th Dyrzen - Guild

11th Silas Cordell - Guild

Best Painted: Abdiel

Sportmanship: Inquisitor Wall

+++++++++ UPDATE ++++++++++

I am adding the rules for the Malifaux Tournament so people can prep! (NOTE: These are from the new Gaining Grounds and are pretty much the exact same first three rounds for Adepticon 2013 as this can serve as a pratice tourney for local people)

• [*=left]Round Time Limit: 105 minute time limit, including 10 minutes for crew selection and setup.Strategy Selection: Fixed Shared Strategy.

• Game Size: 35 Stones

• Crew Construction: Single Faction. At the start of the Tournament, the player will sign up with a specific faction and follows the Hiring restrictions for that faction as normal in each round.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD] ROUND 1 – SHARED LINE IN THE SAND

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3]

Setup

• [*=left]Place five 30mm Dynamite Markers along the centerline of the table at least 6” apart.

Special

• [*=left]The Dynamite Markers begin the Encounter disarmed. A model may perform a (1) Interact Action while inbase contact with a disarmed Dynamite Marker to arm it. Each player should mark which Dynamite Markershis or her Crew has armed. A model may perform a (1) Interact Action while in base contact with an armed Dynamite Marker to disarm it.
    [*=left]Insignificant models or models engaged with an enemy model cannot perform the arm or disarm Interact Actions.

Victory

• At the end of each Turn after the first a player scores 1 VP if he or she has more Dynamite Markers armedby his or her Crew than his or her opponent does, up to a maximum of 4 VP.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD] ROUND 2 – SHARED MASTER OF THE HILL

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Setup

• [*=left]Place a hill/pyramid/ziggurat/or other applicable terrain piece in the center of the table. The top of theterrain piece must have room for at least two 50mm bases to fit while in base contact. The terrain piece should not be set up in such a way that no model is prevented from moving to its top. For example, a tallpillar of rock with a flat plateau only Flying models can reach should not be used as the “hill” in thisStrategy.

Victory

• [*=left]At the end of each Turn after the first, you score 1 VP if the number of your models with bases completelyon the terrain piece is greater than the number of your opponent’s models with bases completely on theterrain piece, up to a maximum of 4 VP. A model counts as two models for determining how many models are on the terrain piece if it is alone at the top.
[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD] ROUND 3 – SHARED BEAT DOWN

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

Victory

• [*=left]At the end of each Turn after the first, if a player has no models in the game, his or her opponent scores 1VP. Otherwise the Crew that killed or sacrificed the most enemy models scores 1 VP. A player may score upto a maximum of 4 VP for this Strategy.
[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

post-10269-13911928134257_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeregrineFalco
Added Tourney Details

In as well, but I'll pay the $5 to play... it's well worth it!

Yeah my goal with this pre-reg is really to just get a feel for the number of people coming. The "savings" (if you call it that) was just to entice people that much more to pre-reg.

So far 4 responses, so I'm pretty happy about that. Hope to spread the word more.

Do we know if the Amesbury guys from Toy Soldiers know about this event? We could have more guys from Massachusetts than NH! :Puppet:

Gosh, I don't know if they do. I'm not sure how to get in contact with them all. I've asked them in the past, but that was when we had it Myriad Games. The fact this one is at the Game Castle may make it easier for them to attend.

@Drool_bucket, do you have a PoC who I can contact and point them to this post?

Hey, I've let my playgroup know (I'm theHenchman from Amesbury). I might be able to make it, depending on the mood my boss is in when she makes my work schedule. Hopefully you'll get a couple of my guys, I'll try to get them to practice the new Gaining Grounds strategies in the meantime!

Hey, I've let my playgroup know (I'm theHenchman from Amesbury). I might be able to make it, depending on the mood my boss is in when she makes my work schedule. Hopefully you'll get a couple of my guys, I'll try to get them to practice the new Gaining Grounds strategies in the meantime!

Very nice! The more the merrier. If they're thinking of coming and you know the number of guys, just post it up here, so I have a healthy idea of how many tables to setup. Right now I'm expecting at least 10-12, so that's 5-6 tables :).

Well now, isn't this interesting....

I spoke with my wife and daughters, and they felt that our travel plans could change a bit. Most important with that change is that I will now be attending this event. Please put me down as preregistered!!!

*grin*

Now to figure out what to bring... hmmm.

Well now, isn't this interesting....

I spoke with my wife and daughters, and they felt that our travel plans could change a bit. Most important with that change is that I will now be attending this event. Please put me down as preregistered!!!

*grin*

Now to figure out what to bring... hmmm.

Well, since I'm hoping to make this an opportunity to let those attending Adepticon flex their muscles in preparation, bring something you think will do well. There should be at least 2 or 3 people attending who will be out in Chicago only a few weeks later :)

Will be great to have you!