Miniatures you have issues with and would like to see a new improved version.

Agermemnon

By the power of my first post, i choose you, large steampunk arachnid!

I really like the looks of the model, but assembling it is just a nightmare. Managed to get my first one put together earlier today, but it's been a messy pinning affair to say the least...Not really looking forward to starting on the second one i have lying around.

So, in order to save the sanity of future Ramos/arcanist players a plastic model would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An Ophelia Avatar mimicking the Perdita Avatar would be awesome. What would she be riding? Gremlins use pigs all the time but Som'er already rides a pig in his avatar. I'd like something new and funny....and plastic.

a special war rooster, it has wings already afterall

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

ice golem could be a little less spindly,

and I have to admit, I don't have a huge issue with the ice gamin, but they could look a little more like they're made from ice, and not wierd little reptillian guys

a special war rooster, it has wings already afterall

I would buy this.

Another I was thinking of would be plastic base inserts... glaring omission. More people would use them, I think. Also, all masters should come with one, by default. Some do, some don't. What I see on the package should be what I get in the box if it is going to be completely blacked out to me.

On topic, I just wish a few of the metal range were easier to pin and assemble. I had an awful lot of trouble assembling and pinning my Alt Executioner and Flesh Construct 2, to the point were I had to throw them out.

I'm glad I had no such problems with those two. Both models were a dream to put together, as far as their pewter models go. Miss Demeanor, Original Sword Vikie, original Misaki (coming with a bent Bisento, that thereafter broke, and originally being miscast, missing a foot), those were just some pains.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Lazarus... that guy froze my painting table for more than week cause I was so disappointed in him.

Hungering Darkness. Please Wyrd, give us a NE version of him, please, please, please.... then you'll have the same relationship that regular LCB (not attractive) and NE LCB (one of the best models ever) have in two Neverborn Masters "other" miniature.

Can that please be the GenCon NE this year? A humongous, highly-detailed version of the Hungering Darkness that should take up a large room like the fluff had him do prior to merging with Jakob.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

An Ophelia Avatar mimicking the Perdita Avatar would be awesome. What would she be riding? Gremlins use pigs all the time but Som'er already rides a pig in his avatar. I'd like something new and funny....and plastic.

I'd say, just mount her on the War Chicken! :-P

An actual reason to revise a model: the punk zombies' swords don't work in soft metal. I own three and have seen three others out of he package; all started out bent and will never be perfectly straight. I'm afraid to paint them, because even after sorta-straightening, they will eventually be badly bent again, and crack the paint. Not great.

Not a perfect fix, but, maybe try cutting your own swords out of the plastic sprues from another crew?

I've had to augment other models using the plastic, and, although I suck at sculpting, I can at least whittle off what I need from it. Had to replace part of Cassandra's arm. She was miscast, but it wasn't bad enough to need to send for a replacement, imo. Looks like her glove should look.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

By the power of my first post, i choose you, large steampunk arachnid!

I really like the looks of the model, but assembling it is just a nightmare. Managed to get my first one put together earlier today, but it's been a messy pinning affair to say the least...Not really looking forward to starting on the second one i have lying around.

So, in order to save the sanity of future Ramos/arcanist players a plastic model would be greatly appreciated.

It is more than a bit fiddly, but there are ways of making it work.

I used styrofoam to poke the legs in how I wanted to arrange them around the body, gluing a couple at a time, letting them set, then moving on to another pair or so. Works even better if you turn the body on its back, and poke the knees into the foam to hold them in place. Really let me set up what I thought were dynamic poses, for spiders without any special basing (so far).

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

I would buy this.

Another I was thinking of would be plastic base inserts... glaring omission. More people would use them, I think. Also, all masters should come with one, by default. Some do, some don't. What I see on the package should be what I get in the box if it is going to be completely blacked out to me.

I've suggested this on other thread. Re-do the base insert and accessories sets for each of the themes as crew sized plastic boxes which would include several 30mm, 40mm & 50mm bases and a plethora of accessories. Split the difference in the cost so that they're cheaper than buying all of the metal packs, but not so cheap that folks who bought the metal ones don't feel ripped off.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Oh yeah, I forgot. a 3rd stitched together model.... they are rare 3 and i hate duplicates. Plus you only get 2 in the blister which makes me sad :(

*nods* And the same two come with the Dreamer box. Not like buying Lucius and getting a third Guild Guard (the woman), or Levi and getting the third Waif variant (when Waifs are Rare 2). More Canine Remains, more Guild Hounds, more Mindless Dead (already mentioned), another pair of Performer & Mannequins or maybe just a pack of like four Mannequins in case Colette gets some amazing triggers off (not unheard of if she's in a brawl with Ramos or Hoffman and the Mobile Toolkit). Basically more models of spam-worthy minions, or, more sprue options to customize them. Even the Bayou Gremlins had a few extra bits and pieces to customize with.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Why does everyone want to mount Ophillia on me?

Cuz it'd be so cute. :-P

Hungering Darkness. Please Wyrd, give us a NE version of him, please, please, please.... then you'll have the same relationship that regular LCB (not attractive) and NE LCB (one of the best models ever) have in two Neverborn Masters "other" miniature.

I'm one of those that doesn't hate the regular Huggy, but if you gave me a NE of him, I'd be ALL OVER THAT!

I love the NE models and would gladly add them for any of my Masters.

I like the original chompy, i think his colour on the box (grey..ish) is a poor choice for that model though.

Chompy's avatar, however... I don't like that it's so 2D, the back of it is just boring. Considering that his theme is nightmare, they could have combined it with the sandman theme and had him pulling himself out of the ground, with sand pouring off him, one hand either side of his body pulling him out of the ground, and the dreamer in one of his hands, with the fourth hand free, IMO that would've looked miles better.

Lelu, so much more could have been done with his character, it's just boring. I'm going to just get proxys for a second pair of lelu and lilitu (though lilitu is fine).

I didnt notice it until a friend pointed it out but the ice Gamin are all in stupid positions which makes it look like they're dancing... -_- now its all i see haha.

Teddy as well, looks too 2D for my liking, i would've liked to see him in a more traditional teddy bear sculpt.

I do like most of the models, but some of them just aren't exciting.

-also, Bad juju's arm is terrible! I had to base him on a swamp/jetty thing so it could hang, as it ends up lower than the rest of his body :/

Edited by ladyrainicorn

Terror Tots aren't much better.

Juju isn't too bad, although I do need to make a medium size verson of him to represent him with half his wounds when he comes back once. I already use the version of him on avatar Zoraida for when he has a quarter of his wounds for coming back a second time. Question about how you posed yours: Do you have his weight leaning forward or back? One way allows his arm to fit; the other doesn't (without extra basing elevation like you're using). Here's how mine is positioned:

I haven't looked through the 1.5 book yet, but did they finally put all the pictures of all of the book 1 models in it, or is it still missing the ones that were not yet modeled at the time book 1 was released?

Edited by i_was_like_you

Considering that his theme is nightmare, they could have combined it with the sandman theme and had him pulling himself out of the ground, with sand pouring off him, one hand either side of his body pulling him out of the ground, and the dreamer in one of his hands, with the fourth hand free, IMO that would've looked miles better.

I would agree that it'd be a cool sculpt, but Coppelius really takes up the role of the sandman reference in Malifaux.

Coppelius = The original Sandman in E.T.A. Hoffman's "Der Sandman"

Also explains his Unexplained Connection to C. Hoffman.

Ah, yeah my Juju is leaning forward like crazy (always knocking my other models over with his outstretched arm), but his feet are flat on the ground... well, they WERE for me to glue them but i've greenstuffed mud on his feet because i didnt like the way they looked.

post-11643-13911927931012_thumb.jpg

post-11643-13911927931734_thumb.jpg

Erm im not sure where the pictures will show up on the post, i know these pics are TERRIBLE for lighting/flash but they are demonstrating the lean. Looks like he is trying out for an MJ music clip -_-

I would agree that it'd be a cool sculpt, but Coppelius really takes up the role of the sandman reference in Malifaux.

Coppelius = The original Sandman in E.T.A. Hoffman's "Der Sandman"

Also explains his Unexplained Connection to C. Hoffman.

I haven't read any of the malifaux books, but i was aware of the sandman reference there - i guess you're right, that you wouldnt want two sandmen (?), im just a bit dissappointed with the model. Its not creepy or scary, or even comical or playful, it's just 'meh', they needed to show more of chompy's body and not just a misshappen head and hands. It makes me not want to play the avatar (im not satisfied with the paint job on it either, but its hard to do a good job on something you dont like), im considering attempting to make my own model to use instead (i only play with my mates and they wont mind).

Erm im not sure where the pictures will show up on the post, i know these pics are TERRIBLE for lighting/flash but they are demonstrating the lean. Looks like he is trying out for an MJ music clip -_-

Even mud can dance if it wants to. :P

I haven't read any of the malifaux books, but i was aware of the sandman reference there - i guess you're right, that you wouldnt want two sandmen (?), im just a bit dissappointed with the model. Its not creepy or scary, or even comical or playful, it's just 'meh', they needed to show more of chompy's body and not just a misshappen head and hands. It makes me not want to play the avatar (im not satisfied with the paint job on it either, but its hard to do a good job on something you dont like), im considering attempting to make my own model to use instead (i only play with my mates and they wont mind).

I think we're having a mix up here. You were referring to Lord Chompy, right? Not Coppelius?

Chompy's fluff from the books paints him as Freddy Kruger the Dream Master meeting up with the Dreamer, aka Little Nemo the Dream Master.

I think we're having a mix up here. You were referring to Lord Chompy, right? Not Coppelius?

Chompy's fluff from the books paints him as Freddy Kruger the Dream Master meeting up with the Dreamer, aka Little Nemo the Dream Master.

Ah, i thought i said in the first post, obviously a brain derp, the burying and unburying that you do with dreamer and chompy, that was more why i thought he should come out of the ground (not so much the sandman thing).

I didnt know the dreamer was like little nemo (just googled it), thats actually kinda cute :P

So does the lean on my mire golem look incorrect? :S or is it right? I should have made my own base for it, so i could have positioned his feet at the back of the base and had the main part of his body over the base :/ ah well.

• 1 month later...

I hate to necro a post, but I got The Thunder and Masters of the Path boxes yesterday and I would like to add several models to this list. Ashigaru, Torakage, Misaki, and any other models with extremely thin parts such as spears, arrows, ribbons, etc. Half of them broke when I was cutting them from the sprue.

Also, Misaki's brother who comes in her box. What is with his model? I get the dynamic pose of crushing his enemies, but it looks like he is squatting for a dump. I would love an alternate with him just standing still and holding his tetsubo, or perhaps running with it held overhead.

I hate to necro a post, but I got The Thunder and Masters of the Path boxes yesterday and I would like to add several models to this list. Ashigaru, Torakage, Misaki, and any other models with extremely thin parts such as spears, arrows, ribbons, etc. Half of them broke when I was cutting them from the sprue.

Also, Misaki's brother who comes in her box. What is with his model? I get the dynamic pose of crushing his enemies, but it looks like he is squatting for a dump. I would love an alternate with him just standing still and holding his tetsubo, or perhaps running with it held overhead.

I could go for an alt Ototo, standing there with his club over his shoulder, instead of riding it like a broomstick. Your description gave me a great visual of it. Too bad I lack the sculptng skills I'd need to make it.

For the Ten Thunders Archers, i would have liked some kind of reference as to which tiny cloth bits went to which tiny heads, and which hats went to which head. And maybe some kind of help as to what order it should be assembled.

I pretty much ruined the heads of all three of my fiance's archers trying to put them together. however, the bows and the loose arrows have held up just fine. haha

All of my Ashigaru have spears that have been glued together at least once, Yan lo's staff was reglued, Misaki's spear was glued, and most of the ribbons on the backs of the torakage have been glued back together. This wouldn't be too bad except that I got them yesterday. My metal miniatures fall apart all the time, but I just reglue to pieces. These pieces actually break.

I picked up the "The Thunder" box mostly because I loved how the torakage looked on the package. I did not realize how different they are in size from each other. The female one looks really tiny compared to the large male one. On the box art they all look the same size. This was kind of disappointing for me. I still like the models a lot and am excited to paint them.

If the archers have numbered tabs on them then I would assume that all of the tabs marked with the same letter belong to the same miniature. This is how it appears to be with the Ashigaru.

I like how detailed the plastic models are, but I really don't like how frail they seem to have turned out. I'm normally not one to care whether they are metal or plastic, in fact, I preferred plastic when I switched from 40k to Malifaux. It was one of the things I did not like at first. But these are a pain. Izamu wasn't bad because he is a larger model with no really tiny parts, but I still broke both of his flags.

I have thought about trying to modify Ototo into some other pose. I am not sure how I would do this. I have thought about heating him up some and trying to just unbend him a little. I could then try to add some detail to his front with some green stuff or clay. This way I wouldn't have to sculpt a completely new model.