Miniatures you have issues with and would like to see a new improved version.

Agermemnon

Mindless zombies - so uninspiring it hurts my eyes and have prevented me from buying them

Punk Zombies - so flat, please make them look like they have a chest

Lelu - could look more menacing IMO

Rogue Necromancy - I'm sorry, but is that ht 3

Primodial Magic - ht 1 yeah right

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could I forget Hopkins?! The only Guild only crew I own is Sonnia Criid and I HATE Hopkins model. I tried sculpting a long coat around him to give him a mantled coat look, but I can't sculpt to save my life and ripped it back off.

There is that one pic

Agreed. I wish the art in the books and the final sculpt were different.

Why?

For me Mature and young Nephilim

Mindless zombies - so uninspiring it hurts my eyes and have prevented me from buying them

Punk Zombies - so flat, please make them look like they have a chest

Lelu - could look more menacing IMO

Rogue Necromancy - I'm sorry, but is that ht 3

Primodial Magic - ht 1 yeah right

On the note of Mindless Dead, as he's likely to make a ton of them, can we get a plastic pack of a zombie horde?

Regarding Rogue Necromancy's ht, I think all of the ht to actual sizes of the models need to be fixed. Candy & Kade are, to me, the standard for ht 1. Instead, we get these Effigies that tower over most ht 2 models, yet they're ht 1 too. Although I do like seeing more detail in a model, when the model is of a smaller character, the details should be implied.

Not a big fan of the Illuminated with the beasty over it's head. The woman and wolverine looking guy are pretty cool. Beckoners are great except they seem a bit smaller scale wise to the rest of the crew. They look like dwarves next to the Illuminated. Huggy is not great but I think the Lynch model with the skeleton is awesome.

Why don't you like Avatar Raspy Ausplosions? I think she is a sweet model. Maybe I should bring her out next week :-P

I thin ARaspy had so much potential. But its just a bit of a static pose for my liking. But tuen again, so is Sim29 but I love that model.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

There is that one pic

Why?

Because it leaves nothing to the imagination about the sculpt. I would rather see the art, think "cool" and then have a similar action to the sculpt when it come out looking different.

At the moment, if you've seen the art, you've seen the model..

Because it leaves nothing to the imagination about the sculpt. I would rather see the art, think "cool" and then have a similar action to the sculpt when it come out looking different.

I have to agree with this. It's always nice to get a suprise.

All three of Colette's alts / avis have butterface going on. Maybe just switching over to plastic and shrinking their Betty Boop sized heads will fix a lot of that. While we're shrinking some heads, slightly, can we get an upsize to Miss Terious, head, body, and all?

Can we upscale the Rail Workers whole bodies, and change their poses to something more dynamic? They look so... weak when they are standing next to the Union Workers. It's really sad!

Edited by IrkenDoom

Can we upscale the Rail Workers whole bodies, and change their poses to something more dynamic? They look so... weak when they are standing next to the Union Workers. It's really sad!

That or either downscale the Union Workers, or put them on the 40mm bases they look like they were meant for. They make Marcus, King of the Jungle, look puny and weak.

I thin ARaspy had so much potential. But its just a bit of a static pose for my liking. But tuen again, so is Sim29 but I love that model.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

That's the point of concept Art here's a picture of what the model looks like and here

Or would you rather then do what GW does, here's some art, but be prepared the model will never look anywhere near this good

electrical construct, it looks like a steel ball wadded in bubblegum,

master Misaki, I don't like the effect in the foot kicking up, and plan on using the original masaki model as an alt if i ever get a 10T crew.

mcM I don't mind the mini, I ended up sculpting a gasmask over the face, not that it's too noticeable, but have noticed he's basically a triangle with an arm coming off the side

and actually, the art doesn't look 100% like the models, there's some differences, even if they're small ones

Edited by G. Footman

I'm not a fan of the illuminated having the mini hd beasty over its head, either. I just think that the mini hd beasty itself looks better than the actual hd. More bumps and details, due in no small part to being made of more small parts. And it has arms! Not just lil shrimp legs, but massive, brilliance arms.

Yeah the shrimp arms are a bit of a let down.

Sybelle please re do her model.

What? Sybelle is iconic IMO, the only way you could redo her is streamline her a bit (maybe) and fix it so her riding crop isnt so fragile. But in terms of the initial concept she is perfect.

Plus ... on an unrelated matter ... what is all the hate for the artwork being the same as the models? That's one of the best things about Wyrd and Maliofaux IMO.

I was so sick in 40k seeing an amazing pic of someone like Abaddon, Lucius, Typhus etc only to have the model turn out to be sverely underwhelming.

At least now when I see artwork on Malifaux I can get a greatr idea of a model or future release.

On topic, I just wish a few of the metal range were easier to pin and assemble. I had an awful loit of trouble assembling and pinning my Alt Executioner and Flesh Construct 2, to the point were I had to throw them out.

Belles could be doing with an update as well. Such a popular model and difficult (ish) to assemble well and a bit stiff on the poses/looks department.

Lazarus... that guy froze my painting table for more than week cause I was so disappointed in him.

Hungering Darkness. Please Wyrd, give us a NE version of him, please, please, please.... then you'll have the same relationship that regular LCB (not attractive) and NE LCB (one of the best models ever) have in two Neverborn Masters "other" miniature.

If you wait a few more weeks you will find nearly every model listet in here...

In my opinion this Thread is nonsens. It's all about liking and disliking of the whole community.

Your last sentence could almost be said about every thread on every board. As you are realatively new to this forum, a certain amount of leeway should be given to your comment, overall. However, your delivery was neither productive, nor contributive, and did have a connotation of insult.

This thread is very valid as it is directly related to miniature matters and posed a pertinent question. Your dislike of the question means you shouldn't have posted. As I am not a moderator, I apologize to the moderators for my reply instead of just reporting the original post.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Some Ophelia LaCroix alts and a Avatar, she do have to keep op with Perdita Ortega after all :) But seriousely Ophelia LaCroix really need an Avatar and one or two alts.

An Ophelia Avatar mimicking the Perdita Avatar would be awesome. What would she be riding? Gremlins use pigs all the time but Som'er already rides a pig in his avatar. I'd like something new and funny....and plastic.

An actual reason to revise a model: the punk zombies' swords don't work in soft metal. I own three and have seen three others out of he package; all started out bent and will never be perfectly straight. I'm afraid to paint them, because even after sorta-straightening, they will eventually be badly bent again, and crack the paint. Not great.