Custom Fate decks

Richelieu

And thank you everyone! The order is now underway and no more preorders will be taken.

Hi, everyone! Every year in Bellingham, on or about Walpurgisnacht, something special happens. A group of gamers from all over gather to drink, eat, laugh, create great memories, and maybe play a game or six of Malifaux. One of the hallmarks of the Walpurgis tournament (now on it’s 3rd year) is swag: Stuff We All Get. As part of this swag, each year the fine folks of the Bellingham produce a custom fate deck for the participants of the tournament. To help fund the Warhamster’s excessive need for swag, they often make each year’s deck available for a limited time to folks who can’t make it to the Pacific NW for the tournament.

This year, Through the Breach Podcast (TTB) has generously donated their time, talent, and finances to produce a fate deck for a giveaway at the tournament. Thus, we proudly present the official 2013 TTB Podcast Fate Deck!

For folks wanting more info on Walpurgis, see here: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=16296

For folks wanting more info on the Through The Breach Podcast: http://www.throughthebreach.com/

Last year, the Warhamsters also produced a player’s aid in the form of a “Scheme Deck”, a deck of cards that contain each of the Schemes and Strategies printed on them. It can often be handy to select your schemes by pulling out the appropriate cards, rather than writing them down. With the Storm of Shadows, several new schemes have been released. This, coupled with the fact that they still get regular requests for reprints of the scheme deck has resulted in the Warhamsters agreeing to reprint the scheme deck one last time, as well as making the Book 4 schemes available as a separate upgrade for those who already have scheme decks.

Thus, we humbly offer the following options for your consideration:

· 2013 TTB Podcast Fate Deck ($12 – The new fate deck, as seen below)

· Warhamster Scheme Deck ($10 – this is the original 54 card deck, with schemes and strategies from the 1st 3 books)

· Warhamster Scheme Deck Update ($2 – This is just 9 cards: The new book 4 schemes, and a blank scheme card )

Update! The Warhamster Scheme Deck Update will now come with a 6 card Gaining grounds add on. This will not be Warhamster style as Richelieu just isn't that cool...

Note, if you want the complete scheme decks, you’ll need to order both the original deck and the update. Once things are sold out or orders are closed, I’ll edit the top of this post in big red letters. PLEASE CHECK BEFORE YOU ORDER!

Also, please note that no one is making a personal profit in any of these. Rather, all of the proceeds go towards the Through the Breach Podcast to help with hosting fees, prize support and to help sponsor cool events, and to the Bellingham Warhamsters, a wargaming group in Bellingham, WA who will spend the money on swag and terrain to make the tournament experience for Walpurgis attendees even better. These decks are intended to be cool give-aways for tournament attendees, and we just offer them for sale to mollify the masses (and to serve as our wargaming version of Girl Scout Cookies).

Ordering Info:

Basic Shipping: To keep things simple, shipping will be USPS Priority only. The cost to ship will be $6.00 in the US, $25 internationally for as much as I can fit in a small flat rate box (typically 6 to 8 decks). If you order more than can fit there, I’ll let you know what extra you owe for shipping. Alternatively, you can avoid shipping charges by telling me who will pick up your cards for you at Walpurgis on May 4th and 5th in Bellingham, WA. Decks will ship on or before May 6th.

Domestic Scheme Deck Update Only: If all you want is the Scheme Deck Update, and you’re in the US, just add an extra $1 to cover the cost of an envelope and a first-class stamp instead of paying for priority shipping.

United Kingdoms Shipping: UKrocky acted as a distribution point for a group of folks in the UK last year, and has agreed to do so again this year. If you’re in the UK and want to have them shipped to him for further distribution (it’ll save some on shipping), contact UKRocky and he’ll let you know what to do. Also as Old Man Myke is coming to Adepticon he has volunteered to pick up the decks and they will be sent out once he gets back.

Payment Info:

Send payment via paypal Ordering period has ended (of course, you'd be wanting to replace the (at) with @ and the (dot) with .). Along with the payment, include your name, e-mail address, how many of decks you are ordering, and either your mailing address, the name of the person attending Walpurgis III to whom I should give the decks.

Example:

John Citizen

123 Some St.

Anytown, ST 12345

johncitizen@email.com

2 x 2013 Fate Decks ($24)

1 x Scheme Deck ($10)

1 x Scheme Deck Update ($2)

Shipping ($6)

Total Cost: $42.00

How Much Money Should I Send Again?

$12 - 2013 TTB Fate Deck

$10 – Scheme Deck (Book 1 to 3 Strategies and Schemes)*

$2 – Scheme Deck Update (Book 4 Schemes)*

*Remember, if you want a complete set of schemes, you’ll need both the scheme deck and the update.

For shipping, add:

$6 for US orders

$25 for International orders

$0 if you’ll pick up your order at Walpurgis

$1 If you’re in the US and the ONLY thing you’ll be ordering is a copy of the scheme deck update.

2013 TTB fate Deck

* These have been designed but haven't been produced yet, so I'm not 100% sure how the printed cards will look. I'll be receiving a test deck before submitting the full order, but I can't guarantee the final look. If it turns out horrible I’ll just refund everyone’s money. The cards are to be printed on the highest quality cards available domestically, will be plastic coated, have a black core, and will have a linen texture.

* The face card, suit, and joker art is provided by the Through the Breach Podcast. The card back art and design work was done by Jim Graham. Also, in case you’re wondering, the winged skull is from the gravestone of Deacon Thomas Highborn (d. 1777), of the Granary Burial Ground.

* The deck is 54 cards, designed to look like a roughly-printed deck of playing cards. The face cards are profiles of Malifaux-inspired characters. In no way is any of this intended to be a challenge to Wyrd's copyright or intellectual property. Rather, it's just some inspired fan-art.

zTeaser1.png

zTeaser2.png

zTeaser3.png

teaser6.png

teaser7.png

teaser8.png

teaser9.png

cardbackZ.png

Scheme Deck

The scheme deck is intended as a reference tool. Basically, it's a deck of 54 cards. There is a card for each of the schemes (color coded for the master and faction specific ones), with the text of the scheme and a common back. That way, you can put unannounced schemes face down in front of you, and announced schemes face up. I reckon it'd be handy to have them in front of you rather than writing them down or what-not. There are also double-sided cards for each of the strategies, with the text of the regular strategy on one side, and the shared strategy on the other. Stylistically, I reused the look and art from last year's cards. These images are from a test deck – the final cards have had the colors corrected somewhat.

Also, in the first run of these, there were some typose. Thanks to Mach5’s eagle eyes and tireless work, those have been corrected (we think!)

IMG_6074.JPG

IMG_6076.JPG

Scheme Deck Update

This consists of 9 cards incorporating the book 4 schemes. This is a test print of the cards; Jim is planning on correcting the color to make the background “more orange”, though one can never tell how such things will go. Still, they should fit in with the others nicely!

The upgrade has been updated to include the 6 Gaining Grounds Strategy.

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7295.JPG

© Wyrd Miniatures, LLC, 2005-2013. Used with permission, no challenge to any copyright or trademark intended.

Edited by Richelieu
added copyright notice

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was really interested in this deck but I am afraid the international shipping cost is too high for me to justify it.

I was just about to write this!

I mean, man that fate deck looks AWESOME, and I would gladly buy it! But 25$ shipping for a deck of cards? I am sorry, but this is beyond excessive. Real price should be around 5-8$ max...

I hope you reconsider the shipping fee.. :/

I completely understand the outrage at international shipping. At this point just playing around with the USPS website I am unfortanly seeing the effect of the rather large international shipping cost increase passed this last monday. A package of a little over 1 lb going to Germany comes in at over 20 dollars. The best I can hope is that someone central in Europe is willing to act as a central distribution hub as UKRocky has done for the Walpurgis decks in the past. I am willing to take a look at this but at the moment the US postal service seems to be making it's money via international shipping. And if you are in the UK, UKRocky was willing last I checked to accept the package in and repost it out to bring the UK price down.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

So, just to be sure I have this right, to order we go directly to Paypal and send the money over with our order details in the comments. Is that correct?

That is correct!

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

What would be the international shipping if I order only the upgrade pack ?

I will check with Mr Jim Graham as he was going to handle shipping of Upgrade packs only.

Yup, international shipping is outrageous. I think the best bet is to find a group of folks in your area to pool together, and place one large order. if you can find a reasonable way of doing the overseas, let us know! Were just charging actual shipping costs.

I'll poke around on real cost for shipping just the updates overseas. It can't be that much to ship a letter, right?

Glad folks like them! I'll post some more card images tonight.

Stay tuned!

I thought it was Clouseau who stepped up for UK last year too, not putting down UKRocky as if i remember he had offered as well

I'll definitely be ordering another deck and the scheme update if someone is stepping up on the UK side of things, i'd offer to redistribute within uk myself but i'm swamped at home as it is currently

Shoot, maybe it was Clousseau. I forget!

Edit: it totally was Clousseau, and he did a great job. Mark, it's your call! If UKRocky can do it and you trust him, then that's fine. Otherwise, you may want to ask Clousseau if he can do it again this year. I can vouch for him! Sorry about the mix up!

Edited by JMGraham

Shoot, maybe it was Clousseau. I forget!

Edit: it totally was Clousseau, and he did a great job. Mark, it's your call! If UKRocky can do it and you trust him, then that's fine. Otherwise, you may want to ask Clousseau if he can do it again this year. I can vouch for him! Sorry about the mix up!

Sure It doesn't matter as much to me whom in the UK is up for the task. I will be happy to help out the UK guys getting these a little cheaper on the shipping. I will figure out who wants to do it but rest assured UK just let me know you want in on the clousseau/rocky shipping and I will get it straightened out.

@sqir666: The decks haven't been ordered from the manufacturer yet, so they're pretty much unlimited until we place the order which (I think) will be in a couple weeks. Mark can say for certain!

Also, here's a peek at the 13 of Masks:

zTeaser3.png

© Wyrd Miniatures, LLC, 2005-2013. Used with permission, no challenge to any copyright or trademark intended.

Edited by JMGraham