Showgirls,..

Webmonkey

I actually tried the ghetto jug on some of my pics,.. but still can't get a good shot. I've tried flash on,.. colors shifts red,.. flash off,.. color shifts green-blue,.. I've tried lamp overhead to help eliminate shadows,.. bleaches out the photo,.. no lamp,.. image too dark,.. etc,.. etc,.. etc,..

I just seem to be unlucky with getting the setup to be proper. Though, a real camera as opposed to my phone, would likely help considerably.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad the Blogs have been taken down...

It seems they have. When did that happen?

You had quite an extensive one, didn't you?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

I actually tried the ghetto jug on some of my pics,.. but still can't get a good shot. I've tried flash on,.. colors shifts red,.. flash off,.. color shifts green-blue,.. I've tried lamp overhead to help eliminate shadows,.. bleaches out the photo,.. no lamp,.. image too dark,.. etc,.. etc,.. etc,..

I just seem to be unlucky with getting the setup to be proper. Though, a real camera as opposed to my phone, would likely help considerably.

Distance between camera and model, letting the macro actually focus on the shot before fully clicking the button, filtering the overhead lamp through the ghetto jug, they each help a bit.

I know my pics with my phone's camera aren't amazing, but they do show up surprisingly well.

So, lack of believable skintones seems to be a commonality for some of you. And I have to agree. There is not a wide enough range available. I may try and make such a unit in the future though.

To a degree. I've found that messing around with available colours makes for some pretty good skin tones.

Yeah, to an extent. Made painting my Convict Gunslinger, McTavish, and Marcus (regular, alt, and avi) a bit of a challenge, but I think I did alright. I have no clue what I'm going to do about Three Kingdoms skin tones.

Asian skin tones are less different than caucasian skin tones than you'd think. The difference is mostly on the physical features rather than skin tone.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1310

That was a helpful article for me painting both black and asian skin tones. I didn't go with the whole range, but picking a few close colours from those tones gives a pretty good effect.

That was a helpful article for me painting both black and asian skin tones. I didn't go with the whole range, but picking a few close colours from those tones gives a pretty good effect.

Decker, you're a genius. I've been trying to find that article again for ages! You're right too, you can mix up a lot of skin tones from the same basic mix with a few other bits thrown in. Not as easy though, and it's usually the easy route that gets used more.

Web, I like the fishnet going up the bodice, a little risqué without being indecent!

Here's the base that Colette is going on. Obviously, she'll be standing on the lower cobblestone section, with the lamp in the background, and a bit off center. Probably coming up from behind her left shoulder.

I'm ok with the lit glass section, but the straight black of the rest of the post, while more or less realistic as cold iron,... lacks some character. I was thinking about a bit of color. Perhaps a brass or wooden rod as the thin mid-section, using the black rings to seperate it out??

I don't know,.. whatdya guys think?

post-8871-13911927829312_thumb.jpg

To a degree. I've found that messing around with available colours makes for some pretty good skin tones.

Asian skin tones are less different than caucasian skin tones than you'd think. The difference is mostly on the physical features rather than skin tone.

Just as I'd posted that, then the new Chronicle came out, with Mako's Yan Lo, so it's a bit helpful for a visual reference and possible paint ratios. I'll be sure to give the article you posted a read, as well.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Here's the base that Colette is going on. Obviously, she'll be standing on the lower cobblestone section, with the lamp in the background, and a bit off center. Probably coming up from behind her left shoulder.

I'm ok with the lit glass section, but the straight black of the rest of the post, while more or less realistic as cold iron,... lacks some character. I was thinking about a bit of color. Perhaps a brass or wooden rod as the thin mid-section, using the black rings to seperate it out??

I don't know,.. whatdya guys think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11367[/ATTACH]

Boring black might just make her stand out even better.

I'm curious to see Robot Showgirls now.

Speaking of which, and more than a bit off topic, Mannequins and other Constructs (and maybe undead, spirits, and more) should probably be immune to Brilliance, at least on a thematic level. Kinda hard to feed them raw inspiration, then reap the results, when they don't have the proper physiology for it, but it'd make it far too limiting (like the other only against living models abilities).

New update,..

I'm pretty happy with where I'm at with the base and lamp post, and even her body up to this point. I've just gotta choose the colors for the gloves, jacket, and hat at this point.

I'm thinking white gloves and black jacket,.. and black hat with red band. But is that too cliche'?

I'm open to suggestions,..

post-8871-13911927839742_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911927840452_thumb.jpg

post-8871-13911927841193_thumb.jpg

Final pic of Colette,.. I think I'm finally happy-ish with how she came out. Added a bit more purple to the jacket, and gave some purple lipstick.

Thoughts?

post-8871-13911927933504_thumb.jpg

And then here's the next model,.. as always,.. crappy pics. Carried the seethru corset into this model too. May need to make it fishnet as well,.. for the sake of uniformity.

Criticisms encouraged,..

post-8871-13911927934197_thumb.jpg

Hm. I would definitely do something with Cassandra's corset. Right now, it just looks weird. I'm also not sure on the black dress with the inside being white...it just seems like too stark of a contrast.

As for Colette, she's turned out very nice. Really like the shade of purple you did for her lips!