SC's new Malifaux painting thread (post-switch to white)

SpiralngCadavr

oh! do you mean the old limecat photo from my before they did the big reset on the website?

I may have to find that pic and restore it. haha

Anyway... sorry to derail your thread. still awesome work. i am excited to see the rest of it!

p.s. did you happen upon my plog and see how my Yan Lo is shaping up? :P

Edited by Jewomie
Shameless self promotion. ;)

Yep, the cat. My wife liked it, too.

Thanks, re: bloggy blog... in painting overdrive (sedition wars, malifaux, commissions) and not sure what I'll be working on next... I may try to finish the next puppet wars theme group.

Re: your blog, no, I hadn't, but that purple/blue glow looks great- I particularly like it on the soul porter- the lanterns have a lot of energy to them.

I also like the more traditional and less current design-y color scheme you've got on izamu.

• 6 months later...

It's been a long time, but threadomancy go! Appropriately, I got back into this with a Resser. (Also, thanks, Nickienogger, yeah, I've come to really enjoy trying to simulate some shadows, and have gotten a lot faster at it with practice...)

(More words here)

Pics below of seamus and the rest of the redchappel gang

seamus.jpg

copycat.jpg

sybelle.jpg

belles.jpg

canine+remains.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, yeah, they were a lot of fun to work with- they and the golem's carapace were my favorite part of that crew.

Also, I normally don't post stuff from other lines here, but little commission in a nice little line I haven't worked with before, and I'm guessing someone could find a good use for some of these in a Malifaux crew. If they sold them individually, I'd kind of want a swarm of little yappy robot dogs as proxy arachnids/swarms... (More words here.)

steampunk.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posted my Harrowing Harvest entry, and a description of my thought process and rush to complete it in 4 days, here.

For the instant gratification picture crowd, beginning and end pics below, as a sample.

Also, a shout out to everyone who entered or commented- made this way more enjoyable and about a community than most I've been involved in, that have tended to involve weird politicking.

I was planning on doing a competition highlights post later- is anyone opposed to me showing their pics?

sketch.jpg

watermark+final.jpg

• Like 3