Reshuffle bug

Doc Aquatic

I'm not sure what triggered it so I'm going to list a bunch of extraneous stuff probably, but in round 2 of a game on the Latigo Villa map, with the red joker in the discard, when I tried to reshuffle, it'd put about half the deck in the discard, a quarter in the deck, and a quarter in the upper left hand corner of the deck screen with about a quarter of the card back visible.

When I reshuffled after that, it would swap between having 11 Crows and 11 Tomes on top of the discard,but wouldn't properly shuffle. Stacking all the cards one by one on the deck area and shuffling shuffled the cards properly.

I saw a small bit of that game and caught the bug as you were manually sorting the cards. May I ask - were you using the buttons to take cards from the Fate Deck or were you manually dragging them off and flipping them? Ditto for discarding, did you use the discard button of manually drop them on the Discard Pile?

I've watched and played an awful lot of games, and have also spent a long time trying to break the decks. I have never seen this with the current code. So without some way to replicate it, there is not much I can do.

Saying that I might be able to guess what happened. It sounds similar to some of the issues we had when the triggers were causing the two players to desynchronize, So I wonder if the server glitched for a second and caused a desync, If that was the case the best thing to do would be for one of the players to resynchronize with the other. And see if that fixes any weirdness.

I saw a small bit of that game and caught the bug as you were manually sorting the cards. May I ask - were you using the buttons to take cards from the Fate Deck or were you manually dragging them off and flipping them? Ditto for discarding, did you use the discard button of manually drop them on the Discard Pile?

I was using the buttons to flip, but not discard. In fact, I didn't even consider using the discard button until just now, and always dropped them on top of the pile. Thanks for the pointer!

Lurking in a game with Malifauxlady and PeregrineFalcon and witnessed this bug.

Both were dragging cards to their discard piles after dragging from the deck. After doing this once the deck was bugged.

Moral of the story?

Use the Buttons to interact with cards being drawn from the deck and being discarded.