Sign in to follow this  
banshee

I've recently finished up painting my aCollette and thought it would be fun to get her on the table. Having read through the rules again, I find myself a little underwhelmed, It seems that regular Collette is far superior based on my reading. Not being a fan of the card manipulation tricks and definitely not of anything that is a gamble, I'm struggling to see what she can do for me.

Has anyone out there used her with any success? If so, what do I need to do to get the best from her? What crew should I take etc?

Thanks

Ive had the avatar from the day of release and never used her, like you I just cant see a need for her over. Add the fact that you lose the doves when you avatar!

I suppose it would be useful to prevent deliver the message or similar

How? Until revealed the Decoys ARE Colette, and delivering a message isn't one of the specified ways to reveal a Decoy. Per RAW I'd say you can legally deliver a message to any non revealed member of the aColette triad.

Until revealed the Decoys ARE Colette

Why would they be? I seem to miss a rules clarification somewhere, because the wording of Shell Game or the head lines of the cards don't suggest anything like that...

In which case you accept that unrevealed decoys are insignificant, cannot do anything that a significant model can do, and also cannot use SS, as the Decoys do not have the Master, or Avatar trait, and nothing in Shell game gives them the ability to do so. Which means the instant aColette uses a SS, or completes any objective that requires a significant model to interact the opponent knows which one is real.

Is this your interpretation?

Is this your interpretation?

Of course it is not. I thought of it as an active-passive thing, like they can do anything aColette could do, but they still are decoys on the receiving side. To be honest I never used or played against this avatar, but it's good to know if there is a consensus about this matter, thanks.