Vassal League/Ladder?

Tharen

Hey Everyone. Now that we have this fancy new Vassal module I was thinking it would be really cool to get either a league or a ladder set up. I have always been a fairly competative gamer and I like the idea of a ladder (probably with elo style scoring) but I know a lot of people play malifaux casually (and I must admit some of my most fun games have been more casual). I will set up either a ladder or a league sometime in the next few weeks (probably after I finish grad school apps) but I wanted to know what peoples preferences were. Vote in the poll and respond with any ideas/comments preferences!

Please forgive the mispelling in the poll I havent figured out how to edit the spelling.

Edited by Tharen

The only thing that would matter would be trying to have set opponents. With Vassal you can play anyone in the world......which makes timing an issue. When I'm available to play, someone in Australia is either in bed or at work........and by the time they get home from work, I'm in bed.

That's makes it tough to schedule games.

The only thing that would matter would be trying to have set opponents. With Vassal you can play anyone in the world......which makes timing an issue. When I'm available to play, someone in Australia is either in bed or at work........and by the time they get home from work, I'm in bed.

That's makes it tough to schedule games.

How about a regional league with top player playoffs for a cup?

I'm still using Vassal to learn so if it was competitive I wouldn't use my new crews. Something like this, even though it's standard to say, needs to be really well organised or it could just fall by the wayside.

It's all part of my fiendish strategy, I'll stroke your ego so let your guard down believing I'm a whimpering pansy and then, when you least expect it! You kick my ass anyway XD

Hahah love the plan! I dunno, we'll have to have a game sometime, it'd be closer than you think I reckon. I only engage god mode on Thursdays ;)

Another vote for the League with a potential move to ladder once I have some more experience.

The timezone idea sounds good but some people actively want to play at 'different' times for their zone (I'm thinking shift workers and/or insomniacs) or those who don't have a LGS or can't make it on their LGS night. Hence the beauty of a worldwide system.

As a possible solution, maybe people could put down their hours of availability/preference (which may not match their timezone evening), referenced to GMT for ease of matching.

Just an idea.