Game request (12/31/12) and inital thoughts...

Tharen

First off if anyone is interested in getting a game tomorrow 12/31/12 in the mid morning early afternoon Eastern Standard Time shoot me a pm.

I had my first game this weekend and I had a few inital thoughts.

1. The game took a long time! Some of this was due to me and my opponent's relative inexperience with some of the specific rules (ie falling damage etc) that neccesitated having to look a few things up, both of us playing new crews and having a large number of models but at the same time the overall process seems a bit slower than in real life. We also just used the chat. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how to speed games up. It seemed like using skype instead of the chat may help.

2. It is awesome to be able to play with models you don't own. I have all the books and I ran a crew with mostly models I don't own and now I feel like I need to go out and get them. This module is going ot make me spend all my Christmas money.

3. The M&SU complex map with all the water as severe and the high walkways made for a less fun game because it was so difficult to get around.

4. Belles are almost unfair when the opponent is playing treausre hunt. Everytime he picked up the treasure I lured him.

5. The interface and everything worked really well. All of the mods are awesome and I dont think I had problems with anything. Good job guys!

Thanks for the game today & yesty Tharen, it was really great to be able to play Malifaux once again!! (almost doesn't exist in Japan!) as well as being able to play new players from across the globe, I think this will be really good as every group/country has different styles so will add an extra dimension! My thoughts:

1. I agree with everything Tharen said!

2. Everything worked really well, there are so many little things in there which happen automatically it is tops! Can't think of anything that didn't work. Really good effort to the people that created this!

3. I think using skype is a must to be able to talk, typeing stuff would take soo long & means that you can't play & discuss tactics/ideas/thoughts etc) at the same time...

3. I think it will be really hard to observe games because you won't be able to hear said skype (& if you join the conversation it might make it too slow depending on connectivity.

4. The only bad thing I can say about this (for my wallet anyway!) is that it is going to make me want to spend a heap more on malifaux models!!