Treasure Hunt and sprint question

Bairoth

Hi.

I'm a new Malifaux player in Perth, Australia. My friend and I got a starter box each: Lilith vs Lady J. It's been fun working through the rules and I'm looking forward to having the basics down enough so that I can concentrate a bit more on strategic play.

Anyway, my question is about walking in Treasure Hunt. Can the terror tots use Sprint when they are holding the treasure token? I would intuitively have said 'no', but the Sprint action text says that the tot moves its walk speed (possibly multiple times for one action!).

Hopefully the tot can't sprint with the treasure token because in our game the tots got to the token in turn 1, ran to the back of the board in turn 2 and Lady J's crew spent most of the rest of the game slowly inching toward the back of the board to try and retrieve the token, running out of time to get back to their deployment zone. (I've now pruchased Lucius to try and rectify their appalling mobility:) )

Thanks for your help.

Short answer: No, the Tots can't use sprint when holding the treasure without dropping it.

Long answer: Moving through any way other than a Walk Action makes you drop the counter. Sprint is not a Walk Action, it is an Action which uses the Wk Stat.

The important difference is between the Walk Action and the Wk Stat. Somehwat confusing, I understand :) Essentially the Walk Action allows you to move your models up to a distance in inches equal to their Wk Stat. Sprint allows you to do somehting similar, but since it makes no reference to a Walk Action (or even simply to a Walk) but instead refers to the Wk Stat, it does not count as a Walk Action and thus you cannot use it when carrying the Treasure without dropping it first.