Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

Was chatting with my wife last night (claiming how on different scoring I would have come 7th...) and she said in her netball league its 3 points for a win, 2 for a draw and 1 for a loss when you score at least half the points the opponent did.

Don't know how that would work, but does help encourage you to lose well as often getting both your schemes will get you those losing points.

Whilst I hate having to do individual Recon, Shared Recon is a mission I find fairly decent, you've both got the downside of needing to keep models alive. The New land grab may be better, I'm not sure, but Shared recon can be good. (or can be turned into another slaughter if thats what you want to do...)

I find it leads to a very tense and cagey game as you try and snipe off the occasional enemy whilst not risking your own forces to counter attack. (Or I face Joe or Phil who just try and kill everything and think about VPs later)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I was the only person running Guild Guard but I checked my cards last night and they are all present, so it is probably someone elses!

As far as feedback:

1. Agree with the points on the master contest, totally didn't realise what was going on until everyone was clustered around the table

2. Overall I missed a couple of shouts about time (my game 2 went about 15 mins over, it's only when I noticed no one else was still playing I wondered what was going on!) Megaphone perhaps?

Overall these are niggles, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and look forward to doing better than 3 losses and a draw at the next one!

Sorry to bump the thread. Bad form I know but....

Any idea where the train and track on tables 1 & 2 came from? I really want something similar for my home terrain collection cut have been struggling to find something the right size. The uses used on these tables looked a good fit to me. Any information you can give me or alternatives to try would be appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Train set came from Toys 'R' Us - in Detroit! But many toy stores sell this type of set (though you do get funny look checking it against a Malifaux figure!).

I dismantled, tarted up, and repainted the engine and added some detail to the carriages, plus painted the tracks. SO overall a quick and cheap solution.

There is a thread elsewhere on the forum talking about trains, and their scales, elsewhere on this forum, but the above is my low cost (and 'near enough scale') solution.