A big fat Book 5 Speculation thread.

Jonas Albrecht

Have to agree with the forces thing, initially it would seem like a way to control some pieces that may have too good interactions being fielded with other pieces, but then you see stuff like the carrion effigy not being able to be fielded at the same time with horrors and it's clearly mostly a fluff thing. There is also the thing about henchmen, with a few tweaks, they could perfectly get full master status and be done with it. While living in the magical world of whinnie the pooh, I'd love it for an option to start the game manifested to be presented. With Kirai I like her avatar being a contingency and I like McMourning's "outanowhere" beatstick trick, but Seamus and Nicodem would like it a lot more to be able to start manifested and god knows Leveticus would really really like to be able to make a list that works well with his avatar and isn't total rubbish with his normal form.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is about the only kind of master I can't get in female form.........and there are so many cool contrusts out there........

I would buy that master, but I need her to have here own constructs and not use Colettes or Ramos's constructs. She would need to have some that are "unique" to her.

Mei Feng can have a construct heavy force - because of her rail walker ability that lets her leap frog from construct to construct, a few players are running crews that are all constructs, full of metal gamin and of course, our buddy the Rail Golem.

Rail workers are also affected by effects that target constructs.

If its a female construct master you are looking for, Mei Feng can deliver. Of course, I understand that she isn't as "constructy" as Ramos or Hoff, but she could be.

Is she though? I get the impresion that she is more of a Kung-fu master. I haven't read the fluff (and only that stat card one time) so I could have missed it. Haha

Well, she's not a Construct herself, but she'd struggle in a game without at least some constructs (or at least Rail Workers) for her Rail Walker spell...

In the Fluff, Ramos has accepted her as an Arcanist, primarily because of her ability to summon Rail Golem and Metal Gamin (although this must take her a while, as she can't summon either during a game...)

I see her as more of a Kung Fu Master that has a neat movment trick. I am asking for a Female Master of contrusts someone who can manipulate them on the fly or something a gear head

Speculation regarding Hannah, Master Archivist...Is she just a librarian in a strongarm suit, or can she work with constructs?

I know a buddy of mine is looking forward to a gremlin that can manipulate constructs. Like a gremlin tinkerer or some such.

I'd like to see some dual faction minions, in combinations like: Guild/Arcanist, Resser/Neverborn etc, instead of more X/Ten thunders.

Ultimately I'd love to see a v2 of Malifaux, but would that mean we'd lose access to a large chunk of our models, or would there be a titanic writing effort bring all the existing models into their Malifaux v2 forms? (or of course they could just change the game rules and leave the models rules as they are)

Does Malifaux even have any large bodies of water? Obviously there's enough available however to sustain life in a reasonably sized population, but aside from swamps and blizzards I don't recall any tales on the high seas just yet.

That said, I've only read the fluff of books 1, 2 and half of 3, so I admit in advance that I may be mere pages from exactly that.