A big fat Book 5 Speculation thread.

Jonas Albrecht

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to see a special forces book, but a Tyrants book would also be pretty awesome I think. Don't forget that when the 10t book came out they said that the story for the other masters we know and love would be presented in a different way later on....Still waiting for that, which could also clue us in on what book 5 has to offer

I would love to see a special forces book, but a Tyrants book would also be pretty awesome I think. Don't forget that when the 10t book came out they said that the story for the other masters we know and love would be presented in a different way later on....Still waiting for that, which could also clue us in on what book 5 has to offer

I'm hoping Tyrants will not be playable. It would seem like what Warmahordes are doing with the game now providing Colossal models

Is it clear in the timeline that the 10T masters weren't already in Malifaux during the event? Isn't it ambiguous on the point?

The event isn't mentioned at all - Lucius is pretty much the only character from the main story line that's even mentioned - the story in book 4 is pretty removed from the core storyline...

Based on the story about the Library of All things though, I could totally see the Ten Thunders Masters gathering to replicate the Avatar powers brought on by the event...

I'm hoping Tyrants will not be playable.

Uh, there are currently two playable Tyrants, three if you count the Hungry Hippo and with the potential for another two depending on how Seamus and Raspy's stories progress. ;)

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that Book 5 will be Malifaux V2, with updated book 1 model rules to go with the new plastics. If not book 5, it'll probably be book 6 - It all depends on how much metal stock they left before Gencon hits.

If it's not Malifaux V2, I'm going to say a new round of special forces, for no other reason than I'd love to see more special forces. :D

Since it seems like this is likely to be the year of the RPG, I can't imagine getting a v2 this year (by the way, I mean Wyrd years to be like fiscal years, with GenCon being the start of a new year), though I think 2014 it might be possible.

If we do get a book 5 this year, I would guess special forces, unless they surprise us and start releasing the story packs this year as had been previously indicated. I like the idea of tyrants in the fluff - but not in gameplay necessarily, though I am sure if they chose to do this, they would find a way to do it right and not throw the whole game off balance.

But I really hope that we see an update for not just the rules/starts/schemes, but many of the models previously mentioned which currently don't see much use - hopefully in the next couple of years.

We probably will not see 10t avatars as I don't think wyrd is happy with how they turned out. Just a guess no hard proof. I know I am not thrilled by the end result. Never quite fell in to place for me.

I think we will see 10-T Avatars and I'm *hoping* we'll also eventually see additional Avatars for the other Masters too.

Balance wise there were a few misses with the Avatars (some near-unusable, some auto-includes), but there were also quite a few very well balanced ones (eg. Levi, Lilith, Pandora...you heard me) and others were simply just alot of fun, regardless of whether they were a "good" choice in game. In any case, you can bet that Wyrd & the playtesters will have learnt from their mistakes when it comes to designing new Avatars.

Edited by Rathnard

IMO the avatars where probably a good idea on paper, but in execution not so much. Some of them i think would work better as alternate sculps of the masters as in the case for Nico (love the whole Lord of the Undead look), but in the case of Seamus he looks more like an undead Lou Ferrigno instead of a gree Lou Ferrigno. Again just my opinion.

I would have rather just had alt rules for existing masters. aka epic casters. I like the idea of masters changing over time and rules reflecting that. There are many masters i love the idea of them but the rules for them not so much. Alt masters would fill in that gap. Current avatars just feal like fun models and 2 ss handy cap fixes for a few.

I'm in the no TEs camp myself. There's already too much focus on them, and it really gets in the way of telling what I find to be the more interesting story: the schemes of the Masters. I didn't mind it when it was December skulking about, and even Plague was at least a ground level threat, but Cherufe has made me never want to hear about them again.

I kinda like the idea of new alliances being forged out of faction. Right now the game is so faction based but imagin a world where Raspy and Zorada field together or Dr Mc Morning and Xray teck Ramos crawl around the field. Just a thought. Oh and i would love another board controle master. I shall name him squishy!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Oh and whats so great about special forces?

What would be the reason for those masters to work together? I like the Factions just lets not get to many of them. I also don't understand what the big deal is with the Special Forces, maybe its a fluff thing? I don't know.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Oh and LONG LIVE SQUISHY!!!!!!!!!!!