Sculpters Challenge

Webmonkey

my 2nd flesh construct, 'Sloth' is sculpted (aside from his mechanicle arm i took from a cheap grocery store vending machine model), my rouge necromancy is at least 30% scuplted, the rest's conversion. 2 of my seinshin are sculpted. my soulstone miner is 90% scupted greenstuff (the digging claws are from an old MK mini) and I have an abortive attempt at partially sculpting/partially converting a shikome, the end result looked like Dolly Parton beat in the face with a vat of acid, and less like a shikome

oh hey, I need to read the whole thready before posting, it's a sculpting chalenge now? i need to think of an idea then

Edited by G. Footman

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yup... know what im doing... ok.. so my nicodem crew is going to be owl based instead of vulture based... so i will have to sculpt some owls at some point... but monster i think will be an owl bear to replace the flesh construct! ive seen a few owl bear sculpts out there and they are absolutely terrible so this should be pretty sweet...

Right, bit of "progress":

I'm sculpting a teddy at the moment, so I'm probably gonna wait till I finish that first. Then, for the competition, I'm planning on basically doing... A nephilim version of zoraida. Demonic, possibly with wings, maybe some voodoo dolls. Basic idea is I can then stick her in the same bag as my lilith crew, and play a lilith nephilim crew, or a zoraida crew thats nephilim heavy, largely using the same models. :)

After talking with some of you guys in the OT playground, I'll think about it and let you know. As to the comment about sculptors and their speed, it really depends on the sculptor. I've seen Bob Naismith churn out about 5 or 6 figures in a month for Endless: Fantasy Tactics, whereas it took us several months to get a sculpt from Brother Vinni

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

man i have not started yet but i need too... tomorrow i think i will draw up some skethes/ideas and get this thing going... i have another small side project model to sculpt too but it will not fly... will post this up with my owl bear anyway for crit and feedbackas i get things done! later guys..

Sounds like a plan! Will be good to see what order and method people use to sculpt, there's a lot of different ones.

I'll have finished harpy photos by the end of the weekend (just the talons to do now) and then I'll get on with my real entry and post lots of shots of each sculpting session.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any new updates from anyone? This month is almost over already, and that makes 2 months down and only 4 left to go.

Or,.. for those of you more percentage oriented,.. that means 33% of your time has already expired. Or,.. 1/3 of the time,.. for those of you more fraction oriented.

The end of next month will mark the 50% point. So if you guys haven't started yet,.. I suggest you get going.

As always,.. we needs WIPs people,.. with pictures and such. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have come up with so far.