Sculpters Challenge

Webmonkey

I was just curious how many people on this forum sculpt their own figures? And of those,.. who would be interested in competing in a challenge? Sort of like a painting challenge,.. but with clay instead. I was thinking that ocassionally (once or twice a year) I'd throw out a challenge/theme, and then see what the sculpters come up with. No prizes or anything,.. just for fun.

Thoughts?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly why I was thinking only once or twice a year. Gives everyone 6 months or so to complete their work. Which,.. even for the slow and untalented like myself gives plenty of time. And maybe get some others to try their hand at it, and possibly get help and pointers from the forum along the way.

Either,... probably something in a Malifaux theme for the first one,.. just to keep it simple. Though I'd have to throw in a twist of some kind of course.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Of course,.. in the end. A fully painted fig would be nice to see. And maybe a small bit of fluff on your creation, detailing his/her history and what faction(s) he would best fit into and why. (and if you wanted to go even further, you could design your own stat card)

Though this is by no means required,..

Sounds good, something from that fringes of the fluff then? A resser's failed experiment, or a civilian, or something like that would be good fun and leave loads of freedom.

I'd say a photo of the green (beige, whatever colour you use)l but then any extras like paint and fluff are as you say, bonuses. But definitely a photo of the unpainted sculpt!

Sounds like a plan! Gives me Christmas to try and get a few projects off the table!

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Heck, even if there's only two or three, we can still go for it. Iron Quill grew a fair bit once we'd started to post stuff in the first few rounds

Pah, I may have my special skills with certain stuff but there's a fair few bits of my sculpting that are ropey as anything!

And you know what I'm like, I'll set myself some eye watering task that near kills me, like usual. With free hanging chains, water, and lots of bare muscles and skin...

Good to see you jumping into the sculpting pool Cloudfang!

YAY!!! we're up to 7 people!!!

After talking with everyone involved, and throwing out a few suggestions, it seems that most people are interested in one particular theme more then others,...

Monsters/Demons

So that seems to be what we're going to do. It's a good, solid theme, with lots of room for everyone's creative process. One twist though,.. we've decided on one extra little element, just to make the sculpts a bit more uniform, and a bit more interesting. So,.. the new secret added word is,... (drum roll please),.... "FLYING". So the catagory is,...

Flying - Monsters/Demons

So take some time and give your monster some thought before we begin in january. How does your monster fly? Wings? Magic? A mechanical contraption of some sort?

And remember, a photo of the the raw clay model is REQUIRED. (and WIPs are strongly encouraged). But a picture of a painted model would also be nice. And though it isn't necessary,.. writing up a bit of fluff for your creation is also strongly encouraged.

Thanks again to everyone who's participating. I look forward to seeing the outcome of your efforts.