DakkaDakka Painting Challenge - Merry Malifaux Festivities!

Alfndrate

Hey everyone, DakkaDakka is running a Malifaux themed painting contest. Free to enter (you may have to sign up for the site) and there are awesome prizes at stake.

You can find the full thread here: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/489513.page

Dakkapaintingchallenge.jpg

It's back! This is your chance to show the rest of Dakka what you're made of!

Basic Challenge Rules:

1.) Abide by the spirit and guidelines of the Challenge theme presented below.

2.) Take a WIP shot of your model(s) before painting. Send your WIP along with your entry.

3.) Paint your model(s)!

4.) Take another shot of the completed model(s) and send it in to dakkapaintingchallenge@dakkadakka.com with your Dakka Handle as the photo's filename. Also be sure to include your dakka handle in the email, just in case. Oh and be sure it's in before 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00) the night of the Deadline!!

5.) The day after the deadline, all the entries will be presented for all of Dakka to see! Along with this will be a poll for the community at large to pick their favorite from the bunch.

6.) Public voting will last for 5 Days. The winner will then be announced a few days later, chosen from amongst the top 5 entries by a hand-picked panel of Dakka Painting Challenge judges.

Notes:

The model(s) you enter can not be shown on Dakka or any other website, it's specifically for release in the Voting Poll. Models found to be posted prior to the Voting Poll will be disqualified. This does not claim publishing rights. Once the voting is over, feel free to post your model all over the web :thumbsup: !

Please only send one WIP shot with your entry. If you decide to send more than one final painted shot, I will pick the best of them and post it alone. You may create a collage for the model(s) to show detail (back, front, close ups, etc.) and send it as your entry.

Administrator and Moderator entries will be marked with a "Team Dakka" watermark. Admin and Mod participants can't win prizes, but don't let that keep you from voting for them! Defeating one another is more than enough a reward...

The pic of your model(s) must be either 1000x800 pixels or 800x1000 pixels . The voting is done blind, that way favoritism has nothing to do with who wins. No text, watermarks, or icons on the entry at all. File Names will be changed after I receive them. If having resizing issues photobucket provides decent editing tools.

Dakka Painting Challenge Presents: Merry Malifaux Festivities!

431084_sm-.png

This Dakka Painting Challenge points the spotlight at the game of Malifaux. Malifaux is a 32mm character-driven game by Wyrd Games. Malifaux miniatures are characterized by the genres that the game pulls from. Highly detailed models ranging from gunslingers, to demons and nightmares, to redneck goblins. With these detailed models, anyone can find something fun about the minis, so Malifaux is the perfect subject for a Painting Challenge. If you've never looked at any Malifaux miniatures before, or have always wanted a reason to paint one of these miniatures, this Challenge is perfect for you. Just take a look at some of the amazing official paint jobs from the Malifaux website and prepare to get inspired (click the images to see larger versions of the pics):

431080_sm-.jpg

431081_sm-.jpg

431082_sm-.jpg

The Deadline:

Your entry picture (including your WIP pic) must be received by 12/7/12 11:59pm Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Challenge Theme Rules:

• Absolutely any single miniature or Multiple Model Master/Avatar (and no more than that) produced by Wyrd Miniatures for the game of Malifaux.

• Conversions are allowed, so long as the model is primarily made up of Malifaux parts (feel free to ask questions if you're unsure).

• Bases must be complete. You can get as elaborate as you want with the base, but it must at least be flocked/painted or something similar.

• (optional but recommended) Dress your model up in the best holiday theme that you can. This could be a holiday tree, a santa themed suit, or a snowball fight. If it fits in with the holidays or the winter season, it's more than welcome! You certainly do not have to include this holiday theme on your model if you don't want to, however we will be encouraging voters and judges to take this bonus theme into consideration, so let the yule tide wash over you and get into the spirit!

The Prizes:

First Prize:

Hanging Tree (2012 GenCon Special Edition Nightmare Model, $80 Dollar Value)

Santana Ortega (Henchmen Exclusive Special Edition Model, Model was only given to Wyrd's Volunteers during the late summer 2012, get it here now! $150 Dollar Value)

Second Prize:

Mei Fang and the Rail Crew Box Set (New Arcanists/10 Thunders Masters Master, Plastic starter box, $40 Dollar Value)

Miss Terious (2012 GenCon Special Edition Model, $40 Dollar Value)

Master/Sidekick Puppet Wars sprue (contains 8 plastic puppets, not for sale yet)

Third Prize:

Master/Sidekick Puppet Wars sprue (contains 8 plastic puppets, not for sale yet)

Misaki, The Thunder Box Set (New 10 Thunders Master, Plastic starter box, $40 Dollar Value)

----------------------------

If you have ANY questions regarding the competition, please feel free to post your question in this thread or email it to: dakkapaintingchallenge@dakkadakka.com

A big thanks to user [user]Alfndrate[/user], for picking up the reigns and helping to run this competition.

For those of you who might be new to Dakka and haven't seen this before, check out The Dakka Painting Challenge Article.

Happy Painting and good luck! :thumbsup:

-----------------------------

And of course, a huge heaping helping of holiday thanks has to go out to Wyrd Games for sponsoring all the amazing prizes for this contest!

Wyrd.jpg

would love to enter with my molly... but i forgot to make the WIP shot of the mini completly untouched... she was basecoated and had the first layer of fleshtone added when i remembered to take a photo... afterwards i read that it had to be a completely unpainted one, so i'd have to staart something completly anew and i'm not sure if i find the time to do so...

Update!

Llike a X-Mas miracle (and in no part due to a bit of begging), the deadline for entries has been pushed back to the 14th, so now you've got no excuse to get your entry finished; or if you're nearly done already, now you've got a few more days to really pimp your model out!

Good luck!

Final Week guys, it's not too late to enter.

Remember: If you want to enter, you need to send a WIP picture of a blank model that has 0 paint on it. Some models are being allowed with primer. Everything is up to the discretion of myself and Yakface over on Dakka, if you want to enter, shoot an email to the DPC email in the OP.

What are the chances I can get a model photographed, assembled, primed, painted, and re-photographed in the next 12 hours.

Very very unlikely.

It's a shame work has been hell the last couple weeks or I would have done this. I was planning to enter my Oiran. They are still sitting in the box.

:1_Exhausted_Puppet:

What are the chances I can get a model photographed, assembled, primed, painted, and re-photographed in the next 12 hours.

Very very unlikely.

It's a shame work has been hell the last couple weeks or I would have done this. I was planning to enter my Oiran. They are still sitting in the box.

:1_Exhausted_Puppet:

I could do it... but then again, I'm not a great painter lol, so it would look like everything else I painted... Nix, I hope you check out the official thread on Dakka once it's gone up, there are some stellar entries from both here and Dakka :)