[McCabe] What to take against those other Masters

Jonas Albrecht

Fact: McCabe is the only Master with a horse.

Fact: McCabe is friends with all of his Wastrels, but not really.

Fact: If McCabe's dismounted art is to be believed, he has a tiny baby arm.

Anyway, I've been using McCabe instead of Perdy and Chasticlese lately, so I though I'd share which treasures I've been finding the most useful against certain Masters. I'll update this as I play against more Masters.

Colette DuBois: Badge of Speed and Staghorn

Perdita Ortega, Lilith, McMourning: Strangemetal Shirt, Invigorating Bridle

Kirai: Invigorating Bridle, Glowing Sabre.

• 2 weeks later...
Fact: McCabe is the only Master with a horse.

I was about to accuse you of spreading filthy lies but actually, you're right. Since Leveticus rides a Unicorn and Perdita rides the ugliest pegasus I've ever seen.

So what tend to be the mainstays of your McCabe crew? 2-3 Wastrels? Luna with some Hounds? Hell, how do you rate Luna relative to the alternatives (proxy, student, sarge, brutal)?

So what tend to be the mainstays of your McCabe crew? 2-3 Wastrels? Luna with some Hounds? Hell, how do you rate Luna relative to the alternatives (proxy, student, sarge, brutal)?

I've been using a list like this:

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lucas McCabe
--
5 Pool

+ Relic: Glowing Sabre [2ss]

+ Relic: Invigorating Bridle [1ss]

+ Relic: Strangemetal Shirt [3ss]

Luna [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Hound
    [3ss]

• Guild Pathfinder
    [6ss]

• Sidir Alchibal
    [8ss]

• Wastrel
    [4ss]

• Wastrel
    [4ss]

It's not a lot of SS, but with the Armor, the increased Df in melee, so many wounds, and the healing....he still stays around a long time. I generally use my SS only to resist things like instant kills or spells that will stop me from doing what I want.

Wastrels are certainly great for objectives and stuff. I like to heavily play the 'shut down' with Lucas. Slowing and Paralyzing are big for me with him.

I'm not a big fan of the proxy and I never use the student. But there could be a place for the effigy and if I were to go with Riflemen I would strongly consider the sarge. I LOVE Luna.....love her. So whereas I could see fielding the sarge or effigy, I doubt I would.

I haven't played with McCabe at all, but it occurs to me that the Drill Sergeant's (1) On Yer Feet to prevent and remove Paralyze from Wastrels might have a use, depending on how valuable their (1) to up their damage profile is (can't recall the exact specifics but it seemed pretty badass).

And if you have them tucked in a nice defensible position, his (2) to give them a positive twist to their shots wouldn't go unwanted either, though I suppose if you're going to focus on shooting you may as well just go with the aforementioned Riflemen.

I was about to accuse you of spreading filthy lies but actually, you're right. Since Leveticus rides a Unicorn and Perdita rides the ugliest pegasus I've ever seen.

Wastrels are pretty golden, and I'll usually field all three with McCabe. I feel inclined to include at least one in my other crews now as well (with the knife Castoff).

Sidir is a favorite, too.

Luna and the hounds have an intrinsic relationship. If I am going to take them, I am going to take Luna. If not, I don't use her.

As for the other totems: I view the Student of Battle as a waste of 4 perfectly good soulstones, and am absolutely unfond of the Governor's Proxy. However, the Drill Sergeant sounds like he's got a nice little trick, but I'd probably reserve him for a Guardsman heavy crew. The Brutal Effigy is a bit slow for McCabe to benefit from.

The Brutal Effigy is a bit slow for McCabe to benefit from.

Agreed. McCabe can make good use of some slower models with keep up, but that only works with living models.

Anyone tried a mobile shooting base of riflemen that McCabe can drag around by 4" every turn to get better firing lanes? That'd probably make good use of a drill sergeant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bad Combo for McGabe

Take Badge of Speed

3 Riflemen

Drill Sarge for Totem

Have DrillS buff Riflemen guns.

Activate 2 Riflemen. Use the 2 action to take three shots each for total 6 shots with buffed stats.

Have McGabe reactivate middle one.

Activate the reactivate and the one Rifleman that didn't go. 6 more shots.

Hopefully, that is enough to kill as Master.