aViks issue resolved or no?

Spartan31337

Question

as a new Viks player who recently purchased the avatar, i was reading this rules discussion here:

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?26694-Manifesting-the-Viktorias-Avatars-of-Slaughter/page7&highlight=aviks

looks like it became inactive in april (which is why the new thread, i don't want to necro), and since the outcome seems relevant to what i am starting, i wanted to know if any official ruling was released?

the gist of the arguments is that the viks can use (all) action after companioning, replacing the vik that didn't use the (all) action with the avatar so the avatar can activate will all its AP, while the counter arguments states that, well, they can't.

• Answers 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So when companioning the two Viktorias, can I do the following:

Spend 2 AP + Melee Expert with the first Viktoria,

Spend an All Action with the Second Viktoria to manifest (Replace the second Vik, remove the first one, etc),

Spend the Melee Master Action Points from the Avatar right away?

Or can the Avatar not take any actions after Manifesting with an All Action?

So when companioning the two Viktorias, can I do the following:

Spend 2 AP + Melee Expert with the first Viktoria,

Spend an All Action with the Second Viktoria to manifest (Replace the second Vik, remove the first one, etc),

Spend the Melee Master Action Points from the Avatar right away?

Or can the Avatar not take any actions after Manifesting with an All Action?

As you're continuing the activation of the 2nd Vik and the 2nd Vik performed an (all) action, you cant do anything else this turn.

Re: Viks - thanks for the clarification - will that make it into the next errata update?

Re: Candy - If Pandora Manifests while Candy is in play, Pandora is replaced by Pandora, Avatar of Insanity and Candy is replaced by Candy the Petulant Youth. The Replace rules specify that the model replaced continues the activation.

a) Assuming Candy had not already activated, when does Candy the Petulant Youth activate?

B) Assuming Candy had already activated, does Candy the Petulant Youth get to activate, and if so, when does she activate?

c) Does the AP used by Pandora when Manifesting impact on Candy in any way?

a) As normal for the activation sequence. They don't activate in tandem when they Manifest.

B) See a. If Candy's already activated, Candy the Petulant Youth wouldn't activate.

c) No.

I was looking for some answers about the viks myself, this seems to answer the key ones, but one i do want answered is:

Can the attack generated from 'First strike' be used to kick off a trigger chain of attacks? such as from the attack can you get the 'compelled to kill' and 'whirlwind' triggers? in effect interrupting the opponents turn to get yourself a bunch of attacks and possibly re-positioning your Avatar.

Also if you can get the triggers then maybe a sneaky tactic would be using an 'Oiran' from book 4 to lure an enemy into the combat range, giving you another chance to unleash a round of devastation on your opponent..

So yeah.. whats peoples thoughts on this?

It does work as you can declare triggers during the resolution of the melee strike granted by First Strike.

The big downfall is how resource intensive it will be to maximize the potential. The diminshed Cb and loss of the :masks suit on the Strikes from First Strike will necessitate use of a Soul Stone for a chance to trigger either Whirlwind or Compelled to Kill. Critical Strike is the only one that would be guarantied.

Vanessa could assist with that by casting Activated Artifact with a :mask in the total, though it would only be good for one use of the CB trigger.

I looked at this yesterday and it wouldn't help, as Vanessa gives it to their CB, but the first strike ability doesn't use the normal Cb, it instead specifies the value it uses, so the only way to get this going is to be very lucky on the soulstone flip.

So you need an enemy to get into melee range, a second Enemy in melee range (that you didn't already kill when you activated the Avatar) and you to soulstone a mask (and probaly already have cheated one). Powerful, but rare circumstances for it to work.

I looked at this yesterday and it wouldn't help, as Vanessa gives it to their CB, but the first strike ability doesn't use the normal Cb, it instead specifies the value it uses, so the only way to get this going is to be very lucky on the soulstone flip.

Dont know if I competely agree with this as Vanessa's Activated Artifact adds the chosen suit to any strike that uses Cb for resolution (it will work on Ranged strikes or spells that use Cb for their final resolution such as the Judges spells Bullets and Blades and Blades and Bullets).

Though First Strike does specify its Cb it also doesn't state that it can't be modified.

Probably one for the Rules Marshals though as written this should work to provide at least one use of the trigger.