So here is the 35 point list i want to run,

Misaki, 5 Pool

Shang [3ss]

Taelor [8ss]

Mr. Tannen [6ss]

Torakage [6ss]

Torakage [6ss]

Yamaziko [6ss]

At the start of the 2nd turn and each turn after I make sure I use allot of my cards up early, all but my highest Rams cards (1 or 2 cards in total). Near the end of the turn i activate the Torakage to bring in Tannen to be in range of a model that has yet to activate, thus forcing them to activate it and discard down to the one or two cards in my hand and giving musaki the ability to pick a model and decapitate. That is a bit much to get off but its a trick that this army could get off. Another Idea to help decapitate go off is to use bore to tears mixed with YAWNNNN so mixing the both will help take down a master.

Like most of my ideas it looks doable on paper but in game it will be incredibly hard to pull off, but I think Tannen with Musaki could be a powerful combo. I thought about adding hans but i dont see this trick working twice per turn.

Any thoughts? improvements?

The enemy could kill Tannen, but:-

1) you are using the Torakage to bring him in, so he should be relatively safe until he pounces.

2) the card discard happens if a model activates while engaged with him - even if the model activates and kills him they will still have lost cards.

3) they will have to win a Wp -> Wp duel if he hasn't activated yet, and his Wp could be up to 8 if Yamaziko goes first and uses 'Wise Councillor'

That said, it's really timing dependent - it relies on your opponent leaving the model you send Tannen against until after you position Tannen, and also relies on them having used all models that could simply kill Tannen before the model engaged with him activates. It also means leaving Misaki until near the end of the turn, when she might have been better off going earlier...

it is all about the timing, though it is a trick that can wait, this could happen turn 4 or 5 to kill the right model, its all about waiting till all the stars aline, and if they dont its a strong list that has a good chance of winning without the tannen trick but it can do it in a pinch. If you position Tannen right he could reach ( 12 inch bubble) any model in the list that has yet to activate.

• 2 weeks later...

Tossing in something here, I think Tannen could be very useful for protecting Misaki as she nails a target. Speed 4 is far from impressive, but it's enough for him to move into position to support her when she makes her assault. Granted, he's not doing anything else, but the fact remains that Tannen is incredibly annoying from his passive abilities alone. Yes, the opponent can kill Tannen, but then that's effort going to Tannen instead of something far more important. Misaki is fairly survivable on her own, using Tannen's 'discard to Cheat' ability in tandem with her high Df and she'll last a lot longer. Torakage just add to the ability to keep the two of them together.