Doctor Lucky's Feedback

Doctor Lucky

If you are looking for honest feedback, here is mine.

Puppets:

I like the changes overall to the stat cards. There are some abilities I was sad to see go. There were some really neat nuances with the original rules.

So now it looks like each suit has a really simple minion- I.E. Rotten Belle, Death Marshal and Ronin. I get this. But still, sad.

Masters:

Each master is scaled back, This is good and bad to me. I like that therer is a benefit to staying near your master, but at the same time, they ARE masters. They are lacking oomph now. Also I see more turtle strats with the new format.

Seamus: Has two AOE leadership abilities while the other two masters have one attack and one AOE leadership ability.

I think that Seamus should get his +1 rip to exhausted puppets ability back ( I main Seamus and its my favorite ability ever) and give the other two masters another AOE leadership ability. This would give them the more oomph they are somewhat lacking now.

Sidekicks:

I like the changes on all except to Misaki, I just think she is pretty powerful now without a cost to using her.

Rams:

Good move on the Guild Austringer.

Love the new executioner.

Crows:

Rotten Belle: Sad that she has no abilities. Also sad that Seamus can't bring her back from the dead. But it was overpowered, so its k.

Nurse: Good work making her feel like a nurse. Love the upgrade. I used her as a counter to counter stackers. She has lost that ability, and I assume there won't be any snowballing puppets. Suggestion- don't call it bath time now. Doesn't make sense now.

Masks:

Cherub: Not as good anymore with so few actions available to control. This is sad.

Silurid: SO EXPENSIVE compared to Misaki who has so much more presence with an additional ability to boot. Camo made him be able to get in the front lines in the first place.

Tomes:

I like both the re-works.

No Suit:

I always thought Ronin was meh, Now she's more meh. Yeah she has mv 3, but she has nothing else going for her. Basically I would use her to get the first workbench and then immeadiatly WPBYH her.

Rules:

I like the overall re-work of the rules. I think it was needed, badly. Now things are much more simple, which is good for new players, but I thought the old rules were great. Sad to see some of the complexity go. With it there was some neat nuances. But I agree, this way there is a FAR FAR lower learning curve.

I like the new actions, especiially the re-work of WPBYH. I feel okay about losing sprint since you only become exhausted when performing an action now. I did like discarding a card and then performing a free action or 1 space move on any puppet from the old rules though. Maybe I won't miss it.

Aces were kinda fun, but I guess it is easier now. But still, sad.

I REALLY LIKE how you take the card into your hand and then pick from the available cards for animating. Makes it go quicker and thats how I first played when reading the rules the first game I did. I liked that. Now I like this.

I know it is in red, and mentioned twice in the rules, but I would do a graphic box like you did for dodging on the fact that you have to do step two 5 times. When I first learned the rules to PW I missed that like 10 times when reading the rules.

TL;DR

Overall, I am happy to say I will play this game with the new rules and I am really happy with the figures themselves. I won a demo copy from Gen Con, and they are just fantastic.

The new rules will be a great addition and will hopefully get more people to play and invest in this fantastic game. I am a HUGE boardgame guy. I have tons of games and have played all the hotest games. This is one of my top 3 favorite games.

If I could change one thing: Make the Masters more bad-a$$. That was part of the fun, that you had this very unique persona that you became and wreaked havoc with. I feel that they have lost character. Lost oomph.

Getting a game in next week, I will update on how I feel then!

• 2 weeks later...

After a second game, I have decided that I like the old rules. The new way is too vanilla.

Rule changes I like: draw activation into hand, WPBYH, Exhaust when action taken, Masters start off WB

None of the others do it for me. Especially the re-work of puppets. So many interesting combos and nuances are gone. That was a lot of the fun for me- thinking about how to pull off some sweet stuff.

I'll keep trying the new rules, maybe they will grow on me.

Maybe include advanced rules as an option in the new set?

• 2 weeks later...