[Levi + Stolen} Quick Question

Drool_bucket

Hello All,

before I commit any resources to it, I just want to make sure it can be done...

instead of taking the ubiquitous Canine Remains with a Levi crew, with the current errata of Stolen losing Unique and Spirit, I can take a Stolen (who is Soulless) in a Levi crew and use it to generate a second Waif?

When the Stolen dies it drops a Corpse Counter *and* a Malifaux Rat pops up.

Thanks!

The dog is the best solution. I use to do a turn 1 HW and a couple SPAs out of the dog.

Dog moves 4 from deployment.

Levy activates

Give a SPA blessing of desolation, DRAW A CARD, for succesfully casting a spell 1 wd

necrotic sacrifice for 3 walk 2 wd (3wd's)

death lesson (put highest first lowest second, depending on maths you need to win against the dog and then do severe, remember levy got face of death so you will always do an even flip on damage if discarding control cards, put one card on the discard pile, YOU MUST DO THIS), 2wd (5wds)

hit the dog and do max damage cheat it if necesary

Entropic transformation, over the corpse counter 2wds (7 total) DRAW A CARD

Activate SPA, not the one you casted blessing of desolation a second one and move it, and push the one with the spell between levy and the HW.

activate the one with the spell, kill levy, create a SPA

kill the waif and create a second spa.

You need to practice a bit with the cards, you'll need some suits and you will need at least one severe in your hand.

NEVER FORGET TO DRAW A CARD WHEN YOU DO A SPELL WITH LEVY IS CRUCIAL.

The dog is the best solution. I use to do a turn 1 HW and a couple SPAs out of the dog.

Dog moves 4 from deployment.

Levy activates

Give a SPA blessing of desolation, DRAW A CARD, for succesfully casting a spell 1 wd

necrotic sacrifice for 3 walk 2 wd (3wd's)

death lesson (put highest first lowest second, depending on maths you need to win against the dog and then do severe, remember levy got face of death so you will always do an even flip on damage if discarding control cards, put one card on the discard pile, YOU MUST DO THIS), 2wd (5wds)

hit the dog and do max damage cheat it if necesary

Entropic transformation, over the corpse counter 2wds (7 total) DRAW A CARD

Activate SPA, not the one you casted blessing of desolation a second one and move it, and push the one with the spell between levy and the HW.

activate the one with the spell, kill levy, create a SPA

kill the waif and create a second spa.

You need to practice a bit with the cards, you'll need some suits and you will need at least one severe in your hand.

NEVER FORGET TO DRAW A CARD WHEN YOU DO A SPELL WITH LEVY IS CRUCIAL.

If I understand this correctly, you levi punch the dog to kill it and use its corpse counter to summon a Hollow Waif. Then the SPA that has Blessings on it kills levi and the Waif that was not summoned this turn creating 2 SPA's in the process. Net result at the end of the turn is +1 Waif (2 total) and +2 SPA (hopefully 4 total to SPA shuffle/DE on turn 2). All for the investment of 2SS (dog) +3SS (SPA) +3SS (SPA) = 8SS. Is that correct?

mmmmm

this was a trick I used several times, in the old rules it just says, after killing defender, but the v3 card that I ordered not more than a week ago it does state after killing enemy defender. So it can't be done anymore. I started playing again after not playing since 2010, so forgive me. Also before the SPA's could take a ride from any construct, now is just another SPA, the hooded raider moving them around can't be done anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
Soulless means it does not drop any counter. Levi itself is soulless, if they did drop a counter you could do a waif via a SPA and levy pump spell.

So, I've looked through my rulebooks and all the online errata and Faq's and can't find this rule anywhere, that soulless doesn't drop counters. Any help to find it?

So, I've looked through my rulebooks and all the online errata and Faq's and can't find this rule anywhere, that soulless doesn't drop counters. Any help to find it?

It's on page 9 of the Rules Manual, under Graverobber. Only living and Undead models drop Corpse counters. Soulless models are non-living, but not Undead, so they don't drop any counters.