35ss tournament in Sheffield 19th January 2013

ninjahamster

SOLD OUT AT 24 PLAYERS

Hi all,

I know it's a bit early, but I've booked in my first tournament in the Sheffield area for Saturday the 19th January 2013

Rules pack can be found here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16452872/Sheffield_Malifaux_Tournament.doc

It'll be at the Outpost Store on Furnival Street in Sheffield.

This is a game shop with 8 Tables upstairs and a fantastic venue.

Parking:

This car park is just behind the venue and is £3,50 all day at weekends.

NCP

Furnival Gate

Multi storey car park

Matilda Way, Sheffield, S1 4QJ

http://www.ncp.co.uk/car-park?cpid=876139&name=Furnival%20Gate

The tournament will be 3 x 35ss scraps over the day.

Strategies will be: Shared Slaughter, Shared Destroy the Evidence, Shared Claim Jump.

It'll be ranked, but if you don't want to be I'll remove your names, and I'm hoping that a few new players will be coming along too to help build the community, so that's why there's a bit of extra time for the rounds. I should have Evil baby orphanage and other games if people finish early :)

Price will be £15 per ticket - including Lunch, and there should be prizes for 1/2/3, best painted and most sporting.

There's 8 6x4 tables, so there's theoretically enough space for 24 people, but I'd like at least 8 to enable it to go ahead.

Tickets are £15.00, include lunch and can be bought from the outpost shop itself, or by sending a payment to BitzHammer@gmail.com through paypal - please mark this as a gift to avoid fees

Entry list:

Stuart Cain

Joel Henry

Ade Mills

James Doxey

Dave Chandler

Jimmy Balderstone

Ade Roberts

Adam Padley

Jakob Sennet

Robin Everett

Mike Taylor

Maria Wieland

William Lambert

Jeremy Anderson

Andy Wiseman

Jake Wilstrop

Sam Wood

Jack Evans

Nathan Cherrery

Robert Balmforth

Alex Morland

Ant Hoult

Paul Hansell

Stephen Fey

Cheers

Jimmy

Edited by ninjahamster
Entry list updated

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good, just to be clear this is in Jan13, not Sep13 as the first post says?

Don't know what you mean, it's always said 19th january ;) ;) ;)

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Count me in going to pick up my ticket this week as it is only 10 mins walk from work.

Cool - you might have to get them to check their book as I don't think it's up on the board yet :)

I'm tentatively in! Just need to check work schedule next week and re-arange things if necessary.

Nice to have something local for a change.

@adrianMills DM me if you want to set up a game or two. Our club night is Sunday in crystal peaks, love to get some more games in (and get people at our club playing). I'm out of it for a bit due to family commitments however so it might be while.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

With a whole 1 game under my belt, and a very loose understanding of (some of) the rules, I'm tempted, but I think I may need to play a few more games before I jump in there.

Where's the fun in that! That's only half the experience I had before my first tournament. ;)

Best way to learn is crash course!

Updated first post with the rules pack.

Tickets are £15.00 and can be bought from the outpost shop itself, or by sending a payment to BitzHammer@gmail.com through paypal - please mark this as a gift to avoid fees

If paying via paypal please include the following:

Tournament:

Name:

Faction:

Phone Number:

Email:

Had quite a bit of interest so looking forward to it.

Cheers

Jimmy

Edited by ninjahamster

• 3 weeks later...

After game number 2 I'm 95% certain I'll be attending (and apparently resurrecting a dead thread). Played in the venue last night and it's really nice in there, lots of space, good lighting, pleasent people... could do with air con though (thanks Adrian, I really enjoyed the game, evidently I need to develop anti-hippo measures though).

In other news, if anyone fancies some random games in Sheffield, give me a shout (because I need all the practice I can get it seems).

After game number 2 I'm 95% certain I'll be attending (and apparently resurrecting a dead thread). Played in the venue last night and it's really nice in there, lots of space, good lighting, pleasent people... could do with air con though (thanks Adrian, I really enjoyed the game, evidently I need to develop anti-hippo measures though).

In other news, if anyone fancies some random games in Sheffield, give me a shout (because I need all the practice I can get it seems).

Wouldn't worry too much. I'm trying to get one of my club mates to come, he's only played about 3 games against me!

Best way to learn is to rock up to a tournament and crash in! Hasn't made me a better player but in do know the rules. Ish.