15ss tournie crew

Huang Da Wei

Not sure what to do, Mcm or Seamus?

The strategies will be deliver message,claim jump and treasure. I am thinking mobile guys like necro punks and possibly hold down dudes like drowned.

Any comments welcome please

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

How about.

Seamus

2x rotten belles

Jaakuna

and either 4ss cache or take copycat and 2ss cache.

plenty of moveable ladies and potentially 2 .50 shots per turn when I am near objectives

Edited by Huang Da Wei

I f it was me I would take:

Seamus - 2ss Cache

Madame Sybelle w/ Grave Spirit - 7ss

x2 Rotten Belle - 8ss

That gives you two tuff as nail models, and you can pretty much activate the whole crew in one go if they are spaced right which can be situationallt useful.

It will be tricky against non-living/construct armies, but they won't have many toys to play with either so Seamus 50. should be able to deal with anything 'big' at this points level with relative ease, just keep some decent cards in your control hand specifically for him, as you don't have many soulstones to play with.

With such a small size you need to look at what you NEED!

Deliver message- soemthign which can get to opponents master

Treasure hunt - Grab the treasure first, or ways or makign opponent drop the treasure.

Stake claim -Ways of dealing with mass numbers of enemies in 1 place. Also numbers of your own.

Deliver a message has the common options of Necropunks, Night terrors or a pack of dogs.

Treasure hunt you want models like Drowned and belles with movement effects to make opponents drop the treasure, and to have a good chance of holding on to it themselves.

Stake claim - Terror will sometimes work, but its very opponent dependant. Belles are less useful as they can't be in the claim area and move enemies away from the claim. Mass damage either from a punk zombie, or blast markers can be good. I think the drowned have a useful ability here as well.

Night terrors are good movement, but you need 2 to get the most out of them, and thats a lot of points to not be dropping counters. Works with Seamus, but not McMorning

1 necropunk works at the message deliverer.

I think a drowned will work well if you have picked seamus. Possibly also with McMorning (I've not used them, btu have heard several good things about them)

McM I would probably take

2 canines

Necropunk

Drowned

Crooked man, and look to summon punk zombies onto the claim

Seamus not so sure

possible 2 night terrors

1 drowned and a rotten belle

Oops - I was a little confused by the drowned being 4 ss in the crew creator.

I guess you can tell I'm not much of a ressurectionist. Looking at McMs summons, I'm not sure how useful they are going to be. The Flesh Construct is a bit of a risk, in I can't trust him with a treasure counter or on a claim marker. Getting enough bodyparts for a rogue necromancy seems that it will take too much of your crew.

Not sure what I would do with my list for McMorning now though

I disagree on Deliver a message. If you keep your whole crew back, I would keep my master back and try and get my crew members to achieve it.

A small McMourning crew would suck IMO as you would be so slow.

Realistically you can summon a Flesh Construct on turn one, but for what use?

The crew would pack no punch if it consisted of models to be sacrificed for powerful, but slow models, with few ranged attacks.

I think Seamus is the way to go as his crew is tough as nails to begin with, and at that points level there is going to be little except other masters that his .50 cannot handle in one shot.

I think Seamus sounds like the option, maybe 1 or 2 belles who can get resummoned if they go. What else for the extra 7 points?

Sybelle w/ Grave Spirit is the competitive way to go IMO.

However, as you don't have the model how about keeping it simple with:

Seamus - 3ss Cache

Copy Cat Killer - 2ss

x3 Rotten Belles - 12ss

Its simple, its tough and it should be pretty effective.

Remember, its a small ss game, so Copy Cat Killer doesn't have a whole load of threats to worry about each activation, and if he gets a single shot off then he is golden.

Think of CCK as an area denial piece. Put it somewhere near and objective, table quarter etc and dare your opponent to end a minions (or Masters!) activation nearby.

Then, three rotten belles are just tough rock solid minions that don't do alot of damage, but do move fast towards objectives, or tie models in place for Seamus to finish them off.

Plus if you have dead doxies, when one rotten belle dies, summon a doxy for a 1ss saving.

I would take Seamus over mcmourning anyday, especially at such a small points level.

I think the sybelle, grave spirit, and 2 belles is honestly the best rezzer list I can come up with for 15pt. People are going to struggle to take seamus down at that level, let alone another model with H2W2, armour and regen.

Potentially some movement tricks too with call belle for deliver the message - Or you could rely on walking up with sybelle or a belle, and lasting till next turn because you're so hard to kill.

I think lilith would be a tough match up though.

D-A-C: I don't know why you say that Mcm Is slow. You take some dogs but not for summoning. Mcm can get enough Body Part by himself. I would take the same list that you said but with Mcm.

So its:

Mcm 4ss

Grave Spirit 1ss

Sibelle 6ss

2 belles 8ss

That would be a plan. I prefer the spell and the game play of Mcm then Seamus.

I think at 15 stones Would run:

seamus

x2 belles

and One punk zombie:

The reason is that you have mobility and far reach while you can pull guys from across the map and then have the punk and seamus mow them down like a meat grinder, then in the fallowing turn move across the map. Not to mention how hard seamus is to kill. You might run another model but seamus needs them soulstones. You could also attach the avatar.

Mind you this is my oppinion. It you want to summon like a machine, run McM with his attendant and totem and a few remains and just start crapping out golems.

McMourning's crazy high SS cache make him an absolute monster in small games.

Whats weird is that it sounds like they are capping caches below even the printed sizes on the master cards, though.

When I first read 15SS Seamus vs. McMourning choice, I thought it was a no-brainer to take the extra 4 stones in cache, too.

D-A-C: I don't know why you say that Mcm Is slow. You take some dogs but not for summoning. Mcm can get enough Body Part by himself.

Because he has to spend his opening turns chopping things up, hence not moving forwards towards objectives, and he has no movement shennanigens that significantly boost his crew, and Sebastian his loveable sidekick, is incredibly slow as are Flesh Constructs which you'll most likely be trying to summon.

The Seamus crew buffs each other much better IMO than McMourning and in objective games will just have a much easier time delivering the message, playing line in the sand, and achieeing a certain couple of schemes than McMourning would.

Also the list you posted is my original one, with the exception of McM instead of Seamus. Why would you take all those Belles without Seamus, when he simply makes them better? It defeats the purpose of the crew IMO, what is McM doing there? He isn't chopping Belles for parts (that's a waste), so he's got two AP with no boosts for the crew.

While I can see Seamus being better in some strategy I also see McMourning being better in others. Simply put, at this point level people are going to be taking the Masters that are most likely to complete their jobs or prevent the opponent. This means you are more likely to see masters that can function well on their own, primarily ones that can shred enemy crews like they were paper. At 15ss likely you only need to kill two or so models to prevent them from completing most strategies.

What advantages does Seamus have over McMourning? He can speed up belles signifiantly and has one of the most brutal damage spread on a gun. He also has Fast built in and some ability to mess with people with Undead Psychosis and terror.

The flip side though is he has several flaws. First he only has a cashe of 2, at 15ss alot of people will be not only going for those independant masters but will go for that cashe of 4 they are limited to. This means you will want him to have 4 stones as well so 13 to built your crew. Also while Fast, he can only shoot once a turn. Sure with Fast he can get to range and with Use Soulstone odds are no minion is dodging it, but at the same time unless you have a severe card it might not be enough to put them down. Also he will want to have a Soulstone handy each time he shoots as he is not getting any second shots that turn. Not to mention Seamus does not have the best Cb with his gun, solid for a use soulstone model but against other masters this makes it harder to insure a hit. This means a smart opponent will realize they if they save the right cards and have a soulstone it becomes a gamble to try and use it against Masters, one that might be costly against the wrong opponents. Also Seamus's melee damage is a tad low and again only with a Cb 5 means he wants to avoid combat though many of his opponents might favor it.

McMourning on the other hand is not slow on the move, he is only slow if you feel the need for a grow list and even then don't underestimate how far he can move even on that first turn if you set it up right. If you want actually he can move faster then Seamus in a turn, though it costs a body part or a scaplel sling. He offensive punch is also pretty terrifying, and he has a pretty high Soulstone Cashe so does not have to spare any to get to the max. His healing is also not tied to killing models as much as damage, if he is hacking and slashing he is quickly healing. Plus he ignores Armor and Hard to Wound which will help him in certain match ups. His making more undead becomes only if you feel the need.

McMourning's problem lie in that he effectively loses 2ss on his cashe thus feel a tad of a loss there. Also you might want to hit your own models at least once first turn for a body part, that or spend 1-2ss initially to have some. Remember it says from your Starting Pool so by taking two body parts it puts you on the same level as if Seamus wanted full stones. But by then at least you know what your Strategy is for that one, the terrain, and what faction your opponent is. His other weakness will be that he does not have any direct buff for his crew, he is more of a blender and tactical missile then the team coach. Meaning you should design a crew not expecting McMourning to help in any other way.

I suspect you are locked in the Master, but are you locked to crew is the important part?

I don't tend to find myself losing too much speed with McM, even with a BPC factory just with 2 Canine Remains.

1) Send CR1 out 6ish"

2) Send CR2 out 6ish"

2) McM (0) slinging scalpel's out toward CR1. 1BPC

3a) If 5+:masks in hand, cast wracks with pain upon CR2 for +1 BPC and then (:crows:masks) Scapel Magic's a strike at CR2 all in the same action. A Piece for Me gives +1 (total of 3), and CR2 dies and leaves behind a corpse counter, which McM converts. Total of 5BPC. (off of 1 action)

3b) If no 5+:masks in hand, either (1) Dissections on CR1 and make sure it's a cheatable moderate flip or simply kill the thing with basic strike. Either way, you have 4BPC's, but I dislike leaving it to chance with Dissections. Depends on the hand, honestly.

That's a (0) and (1) action. Lose a BPC to get fast, and you've got 2 AP left to do other things (hack up the other CR, should you choose, or double walk if you're worried about being too slow). You can always summon in a later activation. You can also start the turn by going defensive, and suddenly you're just as mobile and you have :plus :plus to your Df flips, which can be silly.

Edited by brdparker

I am locked with master and crew, because its going to be just an evening event we will need to rattle through the 3 games quickly, which is why I am pondering what to take so much.

I have been trying to think what others at the club will take too. I only know of a few who will play, there is a Hoffman crew and Lady J too. Possibly Kirai and maybe Pandora