Kang VS Ototo

ozmo

Hi,

Looking to build a TT crew and am hard pressed to see when Ototo will be better than Kang.

Can anyone help me out with that.

Kang's healing is free and will on avg net more health than a healing flig, the defensive trigger is quite nice and combat stats look a tiny bit better.

Thanks

ototo is more durable and beatstick with small utility (Thunder Strike), while Kang is a bit more fragile and is a support/ beatstick. 8 Wds and HtK is pretty beefy but if he gets concentrated on, he might die.

you can also try a few games with Ototo and a few with Kang and measure their strengths and weaknesses based on the strategy you flipped. Hope this helps :1_Happy_Puppet1:

Edited by Blog

I would not say that Kang has better melee ability - not only does he have Flurry, but once he's down to 5 health or less, he gets an additional attack and his Cb gets even higher than Kang's.

On the subject of wounds, Ototo has almost 50% more, and while Kang's healing ability is great, with only 8 wounds, he isn't too hard to take out in a single round between heals, even with his Hard to Kill and Slow to Die...

Ototo has Magical attacks and ignores Hard to Wound and hard to kill, which probably makes him a pretty decent choice Vs Ressers...

Ototo is also a good debuffer with Thunderstrike making grouped enemies slow and his stagger trigger.

Kang is a much better buffer with several abilities that buff friendly living models, but ideally he wants some more M&SU Members in the list as well to take advantage of "Fight with me!".

He's got much better Wp (+2 and Stubborn). He also more useful in a list with lots of Vent Steam or that is planning to make lots of use out of smoke bombs thanks to Shapes in the Steam...

Horses for courses really...

The wp isn't much higher if you (0) with ototo that lets him use his cmbt as his wp for resists. Granted kang is stubborn, but ototo is combat 8 if he is "turned on" 1/2 wounds so he is also good at resisting stuff it is just dependant on him having activated first and using (0) that lets him do that (off the top of my head I forgot the name of the zero but its in the book.

It's called laugh off - it's nice to have, but it is no where close to as good as being naturally Wp 6 and stubborn... Having to activate him first is quite restrictive. Wp 4 before activating is pretty low really... I'm not saying he's terrible against Wp based stuff, but he is worse than Kang, who I was comparing him to...