Molly VS Lilith 25SS Report

Lagapul

We made it a quick and simple game – because an interested but inexperienced Person watched.

BattleReport:

Molly Squidpidge VS Lilith

20SS

Ressurectionists:

à Molly

à Rogue Necromancy 10SS

à Madame Sybelle 6SS

à Rotten Belle 4SS

à Crooligan 4SS

• SS left: 1SS

Mission: Supply Wagon (we used the small crater for that)

Neverborn:

à Lilith (Cache 4SS)

à Mature Nephilim 10SS

à Terror Tot Nephilim 3SS

- SS left : 1SS + Cache = 5SS

Mission: Treasure Hunt (fist we used the stone pylon and switched it to the “stonesnake” because we decided to use the pylons as corpse counters)

Deployment:

Aufstellung1.jpg

Aufstellung2.jpg

The Brood was close together, where Molly’s Undead were more spread out with the Crooligan next to the Arc de Triumphe.

1. Turn: entering the Battlefield

Lilith won Initiative.

All of the Models moved towards the treasure in the middle. Lilith casted a Forest (yellow blast thingy) in the corridor where the Ressurectionists wanted to go. After that she made Blood from Stone and one Terror Tot Nephilim grew into a Young Nephilim (which we proxed).

Sybelle run forward and called the Rotten Bell towards her and placed her near the middle place. A Terror Tot sprinted and stopped in front of her. After she activated Terror Tot had 3Wounds the Belle 2 (Black Blood). The Rogue Necromancy tried to outflank the Nephilim and stood on the other side of the house.

End of Turn 1

AnfangRunde2.jpg

AnfangRunde2b.jpg

AnfangRunde2c.jpg

Molly Point of view: everything looks fine!

Turn 2 the killing begins

Molly had Initiative and the Rotten Belle killed the Terror Tot, which caused all the Brood to move 6`` to the killer (the poor Belle). Suddenly the Place was crowded with Nephilim. Now the big Murdering started. Lilith killed the Rotten Belle and smacked Sybelle. The Mature Nephilim smacked Sybelle. She attacked the young Nephilim 4Wounds + he wasn’t so quick anymore. Molly walked into the Forest and saw the Mature Nephilim and tried to cast shocking truth (flipped badly – And had really bad hand all the time!).

Meanwhile the Terror Tot Nephilim picked up the Treasure. And the Crooligan began chasing him.

The Young Nephilim killed Sybelle (got a Blood Counter) and finally the Rogue Necromancy came around the corner and attacked Lilith twice thanks to the ThreeHeaded Actions and did a good amount of Damage.

End of turn 2.

AnfangRunde3.jpg

3. Turn Molly struggles

Molly won initative

The Rogue Necromancy tried to finish off Lilith – but flipped pooly (Bad Handcards again) – Lilith cheated and soulstoned away the Damage and now started slicing the undead Chimera to death.

The young Nephilim grew into another Mature Nepilim and attacked Molly as well as the other (only one pitiful did work) because of the lack of good handcards and no soulstones left.

Molly survived and failed in reviving Sybelle.

The Terror Tot Nephilim with the Treasure ran to his Deployment zone followed by the Crooligan.

End Turn 3

AnfangRunde4.jpg

AnfangRunde4a.jpg

Molly’s Point of view: Not looking good – two Mature Nephilim

4.Turn

Lilith won Initiative

The first Mature Nephilim punched Molly three times. She manages to just survive but using almost all of the good cards. Then she revives Sybelle and fails again with every other Spell. (Molly really had bad Luck). Then the other Mature Nephilim killed her (then we stopped using CorpseCounter), destroyed the Supply Wagon. and managed to hit Sybelle pretty hard. Sybelle meanwhile killed Lilith.

The TerrortotNephilim with the Treasure punched the Crooligan who tried to fight back but failed.

End of Turn 4.

AnfangRunde5.jpg

AnfangRunde5b.jpg

Two Mature Nephilims – more then enough to kill Madame Sybelle

Turn 5 Nephilims show their Value

Sybelle died again. Then the Mature Nephilims flew towards the treasure.

The Crooligan just managed to hit the Terror Tot Nephilim once with weak damage and got 2Wounds herself.

AnfangRunde6.jpg

Turn 6 Nephilim looting the wagon and spending all the money from the treasure.

The last turn was rather predictable. Team Nephilim won initiative and killed the Crooligan.

End of Game

Ressurectionists: 0VP (Wagon destroyed)

Neverborn: 4VP (Treasure in the Deploymentzone and carried)

It was a fun game though for both sides.

And I saw the mistakes I made with Molly: taking too few Soulstones; should have focused on killing the mature Nephilim and played more defensive.

Hope it was an interesting read

Best wishes,

Glassquid

PS: Do Crooligans have 5 or 6 wounds? that’s not clear on the card under Wd is 5 but there are 6 small circles on the left.

Edit: Don't get confused as I was, when writing this Rep - it was a 20SS Game, but after Molly is a Hench(wo)man5 she has 5SS more. So ignore the 25SS in the Topic and imagine it's 20SS^^

Edited by Lagapul

We thought of all Terrifying tests, but all were past without trouble(I know - boring^^).

the Mature Nephilim even got his "Rip in Half" Trigger, but all the undead managed to stay calm anyway ;)

The Rogue Necromancy did hit Lilith really hard, true. Paired Claws are really really good and the minimum Damage is not too bad - so yeah. If I remember correctly most of the time I had a double negative on the Damageflip

Pah! Poor Molly. She entered with her wagon and tried to take over the saloon.

Once Lilith and her friends wanted to welcome her, she started to cry and Madame Sybelle charged the sweet little toddler, spanking him to death.

There was no other way than to show them how to treat native Malifaux-ians.

It was a super-funny game. And I had the luck of the dumb. My hand consisted mainly of cards higher than 10 and after turn 2, I had the black joker in it, so no bad surprises.

I'm looking forward to our next match.

PS: Do Crooligans have 5 or 6 wounds? that’s not clear on the card under Wd is 5 but there are 6 small circles on the left.

Its 5 wounds. Clarified in the erratta.

Ive just added to the pull my finger wiki for Molly yesterday (the 'Tricks and Tips While Leading a Crew' section) and you might find some usefull information there.

http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/Molly

Very good and fun to read report :)

Yeah and my Hand consisted in turn two and tree (when the action happend) only of Aces to 5s nothing more. At least some crows were with them, but anyway - without Soulstones or possibility to cheat Fate I was screwed ;)

Poor Molly - I always have sympathy for her!

@Pierowmaniac: Thanks for the update ;)

Yeah I read this yesterday, just after it was edited^^ I probable should get a totem for her. After I don't like the Necrotic Machine from the look, I'm thinking of taking an alternative Mini for that or getting the Grave Spirit.

And of course the Dead Doxies. I'll definitly will get those ;) (Love the Minis)

I'm looking forward for revanche - maybe Molly will tell Seamus and will payback next time :D

After reading this, I have a question and it's probably something I am missing that is obvious. But Molly spent 24ss hiring her crew as written. Am I missing something?

Otherwise thanks for a Molly batrep!

Henchmen add their Henchman # (5 in Molly's case) to their soulstone pool available for hiring models. So in a 20 stone game, Molly can spend 25 stones on models, however anything over the stone level of the game will come out of her starting cache, which is why Molly started with only 1 soulstone in this Battle Report.