[Alternate] Toshiro and Punk Zombies

96p

Hey guys,

I'm planning on building a Nicodem crew with a dark victorian style. Not much colour and only models fitting an old english setting. I plan on using the Mantic Zombies for Mindles Zombies.

Any ideas on alternate models for Toshiro and the Punk zombies fitting that style ?

I can't think of anything for the two you asked, sorry :/

But I have used mantic zombies to make mindless zombies, and they look great in malifaux. They also look good if you add some "classy" accessories to them like top hats, bowler hats, ties etc.

On another note, I don't know how good toshiro would be with nicodem - if you get conflict tokens from the punk zeds, you wont get corpse counters :/

the Mantic ones work good... i use them too, but you might want to consider the westwind victorian Zombies from empire dead... great stuff...

as for Punkt Zombies.. probably taking some Venezian Rapierfighters? proably find some from Carnevale or Freeboters Fate?

I thought about making a Skeleton Crew instead of Zombies with:

GW Skeletons as Zombies

GW Graveguard as Punk Zombies

GW Wight King as Toshiro

hm... I didn't know that you don't get ccs when you get conflict counters, that would be pretty bad.

Mantic stuff is way better suited for malifaux than the GW stuff, unless the others appeal to you more.

And yeah... Toshiro, gets a conflict counter everytime a punk zombie inflicts a wound (which is good) and if a punk zombie dies, you can choose to not have a corpse counter and have 2 conflict tokens instead. Summoning a punk zombie costs 4 conflict tokens - Expensive, seeing as nico could do it with just the one corpse counter, and the same or lower card as the casting cost.

After some reading, I think Toshiro would be a great minion for Nicodem:

- He makes The Crew Faster

- with (2)flurry from the Punk Zombies and (+2) Three headed from the rogue, he's gonna get a lot of conflict counters even without dismissing the corpse counters from dead punk zombies. It may however be card intensive to use him as additional summoner... but you can still use Nicodem for Paralyze and dmg instead ;)

- The + to attack may come handy too

I got two suggestions:

a) Toshiro as an illigal fist-fight arranger and the punk zombies as bare knuckle boxers. Try Westwind miniatures Empire of the Dead and Vampire Wars lines for good miniatures.

B) Toshiro as an opium lord from London's East End and the punk zombies as opium affected clients. Reaper Miniatures recently released a good mini that could be used for the opium lord: http://www.studio2publishing.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26_211&products_id=3648