TT Archers

Twisted Metal

I got my TT archers in the mail the other day and all I have to say is WOW. I love the rules and the models. I think they are very dynamic and full of character. The detail on the models are pretty damn good as well. However... (Yes there is a down side to this post) the TT archers box set has just over thrown the old GW Landspeeder as some of the most frustrating models to assemble. The problem lies in their funky little hats which are composed of four different parts, all of which need to fit together and none of which are labeled so you dont know which part goes to which archer. Wyrd if your listening... try set up your sprue so that all of the parts for one model are in the same spot and not scattered around the frame. Reference numbers on the sprue would be nice as well... you did it for the rail crew why not the archers?

Yeah, it appears to be easiest to attach the two halves of the head scarves together first, then glue the head into the helmet (dry fit first so you know where the scarf will attach and watch where the front of the helmet is, it has the "eye" sculted into it), then attach the scarf to te helmet with the head already glued in and finally attach it to the model.

I ended up attaching the head to the body first and assembling the scarfs. Once the scarfs were together and dry I glued it to the helmet and the slipped the whole thing over the head. I didn't bother trying to get the scarf into the grove on the back of the head. Once the hat was on they looked fantastic. BTW did anyone attach the two arrows to the guys hand? (the one standing straight up) the arrows didn't fit between the fingers for me.

I ended up attaching the head to the body first and assembling the scarfs. Once the scarfs were together and dry I glued it to the helmet and the slipped the whole thing over the head. I didn't bother trying to get the scarf into the grove on the back of the head. Once the hat was on they looked fantastic. BTW did anyone attach the two arrows to the guys hand? (the one standing straight up) the arrows didn't fit between the fingers for me.

Two of the arrows are flat, one is round. I got the two flats to go in (finally). But yeah, the scarf went on fine for two arrow dude, kneeling guy not so much...

• 3 weeks later...