Coryphee's for everyone!

Neverectionist

after just having both my victorias screwed by the duet on turn two, i thought; its a bit unfair that arcanists get the best model in the game, i know they're paying 14ss for it but still...

Don't get me wrong, all factions are equal and the game is extremely fair, as appose to 40k where some armies are obviously superior, but, i would like to see each faction having a 14ss model as good as the duet, otherwise, arcanists having a model that can mash up anyone else in the game and no other factions having any individual model equal to it does make it a bit one sided.

Basically, what i'm saying is that every crew should have a big expensive model that is as good as the duet, does anyone agree?

(and nekima doesn't count cause she is nowhere near duet level)

I think everyone goes through this bit when they run across a model or crew new to them that performs amazingly. Many models have situations when they are firing on all cylinders and the opponent doesn't know how to counter them where they seem unstoppable and amazing and overpowered. However, I find, particularly when trying to make a model work for me, that every model has its limitations and every model is sometimes the wrong choice.

I think everyone goes through this bit when they run across a model or crew new to them that performs amazingly. Many models have situations when they are firing on all cylinders and the opponent doesn't know how to counter them where they seem unstoppable and amazing and overpowered. However, I find, particularly when trying to make a model work for me, that every model has its limitations and every model is sometimes the wrong choice.

I agree completely. I wish the duet was as good as Nevererctionist thinks they are. And there is always Killjoy.

give ashes and dust a whirl.

I suspect you will be impressed at how well it performs.

As you play neverborn and it has been mentioned, you should at least proxy the twins in a game. Think of them as a two model hire for 14 that, while they do not combine into one model that is a monster, are a combo that will eat opposing crews alive after they beat them down.

after just having both my victorias screwed by the duet on turn two, i thought; its a bit unfair that arcanists get the best model in the game, i know they're paying 14ss for it but still...

Don't get me wrong, all factions are equal and the game is extremely fair, as appose to 40k where some armies are obviously superior, but, i would like to see each faction having a 14ss model as good as the duet, otherwise, arcanists having a model that can mash up anyone else in the game and no other factions having any individual model equal to it does make it a bit one sided.

Basically, what i'm saying is that every crew should have a big expensive model that is as good as the duet, does anyone agree?

(and nekima doesn't count cause she is nowhere near duet level)

First one game does not make them great, the duet is a glass cannon. What makes the duet useful is there is no way to hide from them, but at 8 wound I still burn stone to keep them alive.

Outcasts have some very good options that are much cheaper, after all would you rather have one high point model or 3 descent cheep models.

Nekima is fantastic, especially with an army built for her.

If you want to talk about models worth there wait in gold look as the stitched together.

I have a friend who has started running a Colette Crew with the Coryphee as his 'centerpiece' (Triblayne's method of having the two move on to a single base is nothing short of brilliant; I hope he puts up pics soon).

I am pretty scared of them. I don't think they're brokenly over-powered by any means, but I have a healthy respect for the kind of hurt they can put on a Crew. Not looking forward to my first meeting.

And Ashes and Dust is just terrifying. A buddy of mine used him in a Leveticus + Rusty Alyce + Jack Daw Crew against me and I'm still having nightmares.

The Duet, when used properly, is well worth its points. You have to use it like it's Batman, though. Leaping from the shadows, taking down enemies with fancy lady karate, and then retreating into the night.

I laughed my ass off at the batman line. It's perfect though. The duet is by no means broken or indestructible. I played against Misaki the other day and watched her dismantle the coryphee with impunity. It wasn't even fair. Which isn't shocking. She's a damn master. A master destroying a minion is supposed to happen. I'm guessing if the Duet killed both Viks in turn two you overextended pretty badly, and bunched up.

The Duet also eats soulstones like crazy. That's the only way it stays alive. So not only does it cost 14ss, you also have to burn through the ones you have like crazy to keep it up. Don't get me wrong, I love the thing, but I've let it die on more then one occasion because I didn't want to burn all of my soulstones. If your opponent is burning all of their stones to keep it kicking, that's a victory in of itself.

Seriously though, that batman line, I'm going to be using that for a long time to come. Maybe even repaint my model.

• 1 month later...

If you want to talk about models worth there wait in gold look as the stitched together.

Is that ever a true statement.... 3 Stitched for 15 SS is like buying a mansion for the price of a duplex. Although, them popping up wherever they are needed, thanks to the sleepy boy, is probably what turns them into diamonds.

Tactica Question: Is it still legal to bury them before their sac to points deny?