Jacob Lynch and My Experiences So Far

E.T.A. Hoffman

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that both Illuminated and Depleted have Regen 1 for a reason, to give them back wounds taken from Hungering Darkness. Forgetting that may have cost me a game last night lol

That's why I am getting more okay with Consuming Brillance Illuminated on the daily especially before the Illuminated go. It tops Darkness off REALLY fast.

Just cheat those Depleated defense up, because 2 Wds is tough. Unless that's the only thing around.

I can see Tannen being really good near Hungering Darkness since 1 Wd on the Brilliant enemy and 1 Wd healed on the Darkness is a pretty nice 2 pt swing. If the opponent wants to cheat that up (need to break 14 to get it), then discarding two cards to do it is crazy good.

Just a couple clarifications.

[*]Beckoner side note. You cannot Come Hither a Depleated. It says a Brilliant model uses it Cg to get closer to the Beckoner while the Depleated, well, has no Cg. There is no option to use Wk on a Brilliant. Found this out too late :)

Cannot Come Hither a Depleted anyway. They are Immune to Influence. Can't Come Hither Mr. Tannen for the same reason.

Don't forget that both Illuminated and Depleted have Regen 1 for a reason, to give them back wounds taken from Hungering Darkness. Forgetting that may have cost me a game last night lol

Depleted don't have Regen 1. They have Armor +1. Illuminated have Regen, though, so they're a good model to sap wounds from.

Oh Lucid, how I've missed you...

Can I just express how intellectually amusing it is to me that you call me Lucid, even though my name clearly involves the elimination of said thing.

Not that I'd expect you to understand something so intellectual.

Ha.

Ha ha.

Anyway, I'll stop derailing now. Continue, Neverborners!

Hecks no, I don't want him! He starts to leak if you keep him around for a while.

Other knowledge bombs... let's see. I've got three games in with the crew so far, using this as my list each time:

Jakob, Huggy, Beckoner, Graves, Tannen, Depleted x2, 6 stones (30 stone matches)

Jakob can die pretty easily. In every game, without tossing him out to the front, I have felt like I needed all my stones just to keep Jakob around. I'm actually feeling pretty light with only 6 stones and want to retool things a bit to get more stones in the list.

Huggy can die pretty easily too, but that's okay. I've used him like a cruise missile and sent him barreling into my enemy. He'll kill stuff pretty quick if you give him the chance (if you want two hits on your enemy, just Heed My Voice them to walk into melee with you, then attack twice). Usually if he's got wounds still around when he starts his activation, he's going to be healed up pretty nicely at the end of it. I like keeping a Depleted near him to suck wounds away, but an Illuminated will do the trick too.

Graves hits like a ton of bricks and dies pretty quick to anyone making an effort. Still, for 7 points he brings nice movement utility with Bar's Closed and he can put out a beating on anyone not giving him the time of day.

Tannen is a blast, but I'm not convinced he's going to make my list all the time. Six stones is a lot for a guy who's primary function is to keep Cooler going. I have used him to stop my opponent from drawing cards when I use Dead Man's Hand, which is a nice trick, and once he stabbed an enemy in the face with his knife which shocked everyone at the table. But overall I'm not completely sold on him yet. One game he was awesome, one game he was irrelevant, and one game he was average.

Beckoners I really like - they've been mentioned earlier in this thread, but having a model that can easily spread Brilliance from 12" away is nice. If you need some ranged damage, they're not bad either. Coming in with an effective attack of 6 for the first shot will usually land weak damage and give Brilliance. Then put up Know My Client to pop them to an effective 8 combat and shoot again. By now you can usually cheat and can drop in a moderate or severe for another 3-4 wounds. Not too bad for a NB model at ranged.

Depleted are another model I'm not sold on yet either. At least not in mass quantities. They die quickly, despite their armor, wounds, and Hard to Kill. Their primary function for me has been keeping Huggy alive.

I'm glad everyone likes this thread. Usually I don't post anything worth while. :D

Personally I would not run Jack Daw. I don't find him thematic enough, I'm a stickler for theme. Plus I think at that point it's be just plain mean. lol

I also would only run Tannan and Grave together or not at all. Not sure why, but also feels off to have one but not the other. Ahh, my only complaint with this crew is that all the models are so good and so cool looking that I can never tell what I want to run. There has to be an optimal combo of them.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Depleted are another model I'm not sold on yet either. At least not in mass quantities. They die quickly, despite their armor, wounds, and Hard to Kill. Their primary function for me has been keeping Huggy alive.

I think the real purpose of them is to be a vassal for Hungy to respawn as well. I won't want to sack a 6ss Illuminated. I kind of have an opposite opinion on them. I think you either run three or none. Not that one doesn't work, but less than all doesn't feel right.

Some thing I have liked the idea of is sorrow linked to the hippo, cast reactivate on him let him rampage and die when you have the pair in hand. Get a model on table down to like one wound but leave it alive as it rampages. Then kill it with another model after hippo is dead and then you can get a 3rd activation out of him later in the same turn. Cant wait to try it out but its some thing to think about.

Some thing I have liked the idea of is sorrow linked to the hippo, cast reactivate on him let him rampage and die when you have the pair in hand. Get a model on table down to like one wound but leave it alive as it rampages. Then kill it with another model after hippo is dead and then you can get a 3rd activation out of him later in the same turn. Cant wait to try it out but its some thing to think about.

Darkness does not have Brilliance so you can't use that Reactivate ability on him. Unless I'm missing your explanation.

You'll have to make sure to get Brilliance on Huggy first - a Beckoner can do that for you. He doesn't naturally come with Brilliance so the Sorrow couldn't cast to Reactivate him.

Another option for Sorrows is to attach one to Mr. Lynch so you can cast another Dead Man's Hand. Not necessarily the best idea because it will start wounding Jakob if you're not careful, but it's an option.

Stitched Togethers can be taken with Jakob whether he's 10T or NB.

I think Jakob may turn out to be an interesting call for a Grow List at some point, though it might be slower to grow than other ones. His hand should be good enough to get the cards you need to grow. Just have to get closer to the enemy to start building up that hand.

I'm looking forward to trying a Jakob list with almost none of the new Brilliant stuff. Just a Beckoner to spread Brilliance to help Huggy, and then a bunch of other strong Neverborn models to take advantage of the bigger hand Jakob will provide.

Ok here's a question: I ordered the starter and some Beckoners. How suitable do you think this will be to start off?

Also any idea in what I can use out of Nephs & Nightmares to boost this until I can get the rest on general release?

There's a reason why Jakob can take Stitched.

Beckoners can debuff the Wp by -1 (or Df) of a model with a Mask trigger on their Honeyed Words. This is cumulative.

Each time you trigger the debuff, it gets harder and harder to resist the Words and the eventual Gamble Your Life /Gambler from the Stitched.

Two dumb questions from a nub. Assuming pacman gives himself permabriliance, can he then later on give himself reactivate? If pacman dies after he's activated and he's brought back into the game can he then activate a second time?

Two parts.

I was totally wrong on #1. It doesn't say "other targetfriendly models" so he can Reactivate himself.

2) After Pacman comes back, he does not have brilliance or anything from his previous life. He is considered a new version of the model. In other words, it's a whole new Pacman.

Edited by Sarsnick

If you bring him back he is a new model for game purposes same as any other summon type effect(ya i know is a place) so it will no longer be perma brillenced. Not sure that he can use that on himself think there is a resist cjeck thats why i recomended the sarrow. In theory one could through say multiple sarrows activate, reactivate, resummon, reactivate to infinity untill you run out of resources to break the chain

Well, he can't target himself with The Light Inside as it has a Wp resist, and a model can't target itself with a spell that has a resist. However, you could tag the HD with a Beckoner's Honeyed Words to give it him brilliance, thus being able to cast Serve Me (which doesn't have a resist) to gain reactivate. You will have to sacrifice it after it's second activation...but with the ability to bring in back it might not be a bad idea!