Ten Thunders Summery

Da Git

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, after listening to the Malifools Podcast, I've added their info to the first post (hoping I haven't gone too far!)... I have also made cards with all the info I have on them using ratty's card creater, if anyone wants these PM me.

As far as tactics go, I want to try out a few things, an all misaki 10T (+ Oiran, I consider these ladies very themey). I also want to add in Wastrels & Traps, I reackon they have the best synergy with Misaki so far... I still can't wait to get the book to see what other combos you can pull by mix-matching minions to masters!

Master wise I want Misaki, Yan, & Mei. Although for brawls I do like that idea of teaming up Mei & Jakob.

In regards to Mei & Kaeris, I'm not 100% sure how good they would be together as both of them love lots of cards & SS, so they may be competing too much with each other. Maybe Kaeris early for range, the Mei for Combat??

Until I find out what the special arrow spell is called (& probably still afterwards...) I'm calling it "Hawkeyes (think marvel) stolen arrow heads!"

So I have been curious about what the arrows for the TT archers and such so I decided after reading all the fluff and what not of the book to take a look see to see if I can figure out what the stuff means.

So first, the Yajiri. From what I was reading it appears to refer to the arrowheads as I suspected. The first special shot, Blessed, is kind of clear being the only one in english. Magical and what not.

Hachinsou, while I could not find any arrowhead called this I did at least find out roughly the name means Beehive or something along that line of thought. I am guessing in Malifaux this is suppose to be some sort of arrow that shatters or breaks apart to create the blast templates.

Karimata is a two pronged arrowhead. The two designs I saw were a V shape and a more U shape though wider. Apparently they were sometimes called Rope cutters though one did not use them to shoot at rope but rather for hunting and war. I am not sure exactly the value of this arrowhead but they do look kind of interesting.

Watakushi seems to be Flesh Tearer or Barbed. From looking at a few they appear to be larger arrow heads often with some sort of prong or barb to make removal harder and more destructive. Overall just not very kind looking arrowheads overall.

Well the mod's have made their pressence felt...

Anyways, Thanks for the info on the arrows there eternal, I assume Yajiri is the name of the spell & the others are the types?

Will check out that movie too... its rather amusing how this book has reinvigorated my enjoyment of Chinese movies (also saw Big trouble in Lottle China Town because of Bert!!)

Something I hadn't seen mentioned here previously - according to a thread in the rules forum, 10 Thunders Brothers not only gain dual faction (which I knew), bur also have their Companion changed to (10 Thunders model) which is potentially huge as it means you can make any two Ten Thunders models activate together if you also activate a Ten Thunders Brother positioned between them! Lots of possibilities there...

Something I hadn't seen mentioned here previously - according to a thread in the rules forum, 10 Thunders Brothers not only gain dual faction (which I knew), bur also have their Companion changed to (10 Thunders model) which is potentially huge as it means you can make any two Ten Thunders models activate together if you also activate a Ten Thunders Brother positioned between them! Lots of possibilities there...

I have been thinking of this as well. Namely combining them with Torakage and another 10T model so the Torakage can advance and swap with the other model to get it further up the field and have it activate before someone has the chance to get away. The only problem with this I have seen is managing the ranges, as you want the Torakage a bit more foward but the model that will be swapped in with in 6" of the 10T brother. So that 10T brother will have to be between the two, with in 6" of each. Still it is another tool and one worth considering. I will not likely mess with it myself till I have gotten several basic games of 10T under my belt with Torakage.