Amo no Zako

Mr.Soulstone

Hi guys

I heard that the Amo no Zako had the beast characteristic, the models artwork doesn't seem to tell me a lot about its abilities.

I play Marcus and if it has the beast characteristics and has abilities I like I may wish to take it, especially if it is combat bases (ideally ranged)!

If anyone has seen pics of the card or knows anything about them any information would be fantastic!

Mr. Soulstone

A buddy of mine has the book, and was kind enough to send me a shot of the rules. To try and keep it interesting, I don't want to post up too many direct stats, but I'll try to give a decent shot of it's abilities:

Stat line is really similar to the Slate Ridge Mauler, amusingly. It's a Beast, Mercenary, Unique model.

Base Size - Same

Cost - +1

Wk/Cg - Same

Ht - Same

Wp - +2

Ca - +1, :crows instead of :rams

Df - +1

Wd - +2

Weapons:

Claws - Rg: +1 over SRM claws, Cb: Same as SRM claws, Dg: -1/-1/-1 vs. SRM claws

Teeth - Rg: -1 vs. SRM claws, Cb: -1 vs. SRM claws, Dg: same/+1/+2 vs. SRM claws

Abilities:

Flight

HtW 1

Oni (makes it non-living)

Terrifying -> 13

Teeth: after damaging defender, heal this model 1 Wd for each wound inflicted.

Actions:

Nimble

(0) action that lets his Devour spell work on any Ht 1 model (vs. only living.)

Triggers:

Single :masks trigger for claws: after damaging defender, place defender in B2B w/Ama No Zako. Ama can immediately Teeth that model (!!!).

Spells:

(0) spell, high casting value, requires :rams and :crows. Creates an aura around Ama that counts as Severe terrain, and inflicts 1 Wd on enemy models ending their activation in that aura. Ama heals 1 Wd when a model is wounded that way.

(1) Devour. As per Hoarcat Pride.

(1) Last Whisper. Complicated spell, but nifty. Another high casting spell, requires :crows, :masks, and discarding a card. When a non-Master dies in that aura, it must perform a simple Wp Duel against a high target #. If that model fails, it performs a single (1) AP action controlled by Ama's controller, then it's removed from the game. Model losing Wp Duel cannot make a Slow to Die action.

-----

Overall, I think it's pretty great. Nothing crazy for a Beast model, but it has the potential to be pretty damn durable with HtW 1, a good Wd pool, and potential for massive healing with it's Teeth. Great combat trigger, and pretty solid stats. The spells are kind of wonky, but conditionally fun.

although still the issue with speed!

Much improved speed over the SRM. Same base stat for Mv/Cg, but it has 3 improvements; Nimble for a free walk, flight to ignore terrain, and a 3" reach....which can trigger to pull the enemy into base.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

I also like the healing potential with the teeth....considering it's a 1 for 1 and the teeth have a big damage track.