misaki

Learning Curve

As a master, you probably won't get much in the way of tips. This is because the book in which she(master version) and her crew are in, let alone same crew, was just sold over the weekend to Gencon People, and online. Of those people, only those who attended Gencon, and the playtesters, could possibly have play experience with her at this time.

So, assuming you meant master Misaki and her ten thunders, Congratulations. you get to try it out and tell the rest of us how to play her in a couple of months.

im a new player so having some tips would help

I figured that. the problem is that there really aren't that many people who have played her box. Which means that

you are likely not going to have all that many cool tricks figured out by anyone yet. The tips you've gotten so far are pretty much straight out of the press release, and there just aren't going to be a whole lot more than that and theory at this point.

As a new player, I can give you some general advice, though. Get whatever compatible minions you can for her--Mercs are likely going to go well with her. Having more options makes you more versatile, and lets you build a crew for the individual strategy. it's okay to have a few models you always take, but generally speaking, once you have enough models to do so, generally keep 10-15 stones free to switch out based on your opponent and your schemes.

Don't try to kill your opponents crew as a first option. make sure you are focusing on your strategy and schemes. those are what wins the game. This isn't to say killing your opponent is a bad move, but generally speaking, if you have a choice between using AP to kill a model, or accomplish a scheme/strategy, you should go for the strategy. You can have your entire crew wiped out and still win, if you get your points and deny them theirs.

More specifically, Misaki sounds like her crew is going to be designed to kill individual models. without the book yet(ordered, but not here yet...Stupid Wyrd being human and having reasonable human limitations... :P ), I can't give you too specific advice, but in crews with similar strengths, this usually means you want to isolate models, rather than going in and getting surrounded.

Like I said, though, there is just a near total absense of experience with her and her crew now, so you are going to have to experiment.

She can be area denial in the fact that she will almost certainly kill what she wants. Dont rush into combat otherwise after her kill she will die too. Isolate other models with a combination of the Oiran's lure and Torakages smoke. Stay mobile with the crew, they are all very good for that.

And keep your focus on your strategies and schemes, not beating up your opponent :)

shes kinda different than her non-master form, she doesnt have as many buffs (i believe she only has like....1? and i find it a technical buff rather than a straightforward one), she has some nice triggers, but only one spell to push people away. her totem is actually very good though, i believe he can make redraws if it hurts itself and does a lot of dmg if you can get flay off. Its cb is also very good, especially for a totem

All I know is that her Totem reminds me of Naruto... "Kage Bushin No Jutsu!"

But the kitsune, and particularly the nine tailed fox, have been subjects of Japanese folklore for much, much longer. As I recall, they are often related to fire as well (hence the term "fox-fire", though the actually phenomenon has nothing to do with foxes or the supernatural at all)

And no one has played her yet except via proxy since as far as I know, no one has Misaki's box in hand yet.

• 3 weeks later...