Storm of Shadows - Ten Thunders

Setoth

A bit silly that we don't have a thread for THE new faction, isn't it?

So, anyone with the book have any details they'd like to share about Misaki and pals? I'm itching to know more about the Torakage. I love their design, and might actually buy them just to paint them anyways.

Torakage: Ninja version of 10T bro. similar stats and weapons with the addition of a throwing weapon that they can use every time they walk. can lay down cover...with a trigger that lets it last until they next activate. can switch places with any 10T model. can bury and pop up at end of turn near any other 10T model. arachnid.

They'll be awesome with Misaki and good with any 10T master for certain strats and schemes.

I thought I read somewhere that the Torakage were 6ss....but I can't confirm that.

Misaki.......Shadow. Diving Attack. She can pick one target and push enemies away from that target.....she singles targets out then kills them. She can have bonuses against one target. Reckless...but can replace with Fast from Yamaziko.

Shang.......high Wk/Cg with flight. fair melee fighter (on par with Enslaved Neph) can allow Misaki to re-flip cards.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Misaki can basically declare a duel with an enemy. she gets a bonus to attack them and they get a neg for disengaging (she has Wicked).....any other models attempting to target her or her target get negs to the attack.

I thought I read somewhere that the Torakage were 6ss....but I can't confirm that.

Misaki.......Shadow. Diving Attack. She can pick one target and push enemies away from that target.....she singles targets out then kills them. She can have bonuses against one target. Reckless...but can replace with Fast from Yamaziko.

Shang.......high Wk/Cg with flight. fair melee fighter (on par with Enslaved Neph) can allow Misaki to re-flip cards.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Misaki can basically declare a duel with an enemy. she gets a bonus to attack them and they get a neg for disengaging (she has Wicked).....any other models attempting to target her or her target get negs to the attack.

Very cool! Thanks - I can totally believe Torakage are 6ss - they seem a little loaded for a 4ss minion...

Misaki sounds great - I love the idea of Shadow on her - its a potentially huge ability, but the Hunter isn't the most powerful model to make use of it - on a master with some serious melee power it will be money!

Can she pick a friendly model to push models away from (i.e. freeing up a friend)?

Can she pick a friendly model to push models away from (i.e. freeing up a friend)?

must target an enemy....and all models within 3 that fail to resist are pushed away. Will be gold if enemies are sitting on a Claim Jump.........it's a (1) spell....so Shang can do it too.

must target an enemy....and all models within 3 that fail to resist are pushed away. Will be gold if enemies are sitting on a Claim Jump.........it's a (1) spell....so Shang can do it too.

Sounds good to me!

How about archers? Are they a cheap minion or does Misaki have to go to some of the Dual faction stuff for a cheap minion?

I'm functioning on beta info, so maybe the Torakage have gone to 6ss, which would be cool.

Archers kind of costly as well? What do they do that makes them pricier than those Guild Riflemen?

Well, unless a lot has changed they can: Focus for 1 AP, then gain :+fate on the next attack with a (0) or use a different (0) to gain Magical or blasts or Slow or extra damage on their bows, they always ignore an intervening model when determining LoS, get extra shots with a trigger, and they have slightly more range than Riflemen...

Basically, they're super awesome. Just keep them out of melee, they're in trouble there.

Edited by NeuroFire