Storm of Shadows Outcasts Thread

Dumb Luck

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viks should be VERY happy with Vanessa. Without copy/pasting directly out of the book, here's why:

1. She's mobile, and she can participate in Viks movement shenanigans.

2. She has a decent ranged magical weapon.

3. She has a couple card draw abilities.

4. Viks will <3 her offense and defense buffing spells.

She also opens up some more options for the Viks...basically, she provides access to an Arcanist construct. Not sure how to use this...yet.

So all in all, Viks get a nice boost in the book.

Viks should be VERY happy with Vanessa. Without copy/pasting directly out of the book, here's why:

1. She's mobile, and she can participate in Viks movement shenanigans.

2. She has a decent ranged magical weapon.

3. She has a couple card draw abilities.

4. Viks will <3 her offense and defense buffing spells.

She also opens up some more options for the Viks...basically, she provides access to an Arcanist construct. Not sure how to use this...yet.

So all in all, Viks get a nice boost in the book.

Any arcanist construct or just a specific one? Joss would be pretty legit...Or an aracnid swarm that could break apart to give us some activations.

The Freikorps Strongarm Suit aka 'Ironman' brings a lot to the table for the Freikorps

He has a ranged magical weapon that has a slew of triggers (one for each suit)

He is a good melee brawler who keeps others in combat with him

He does not have Freikorps armour but instead has another special type of armour

He can Leap about the place and drag friendly models taht are engaged out of undesired combats

He is a little jittery considering the experimental equipment he is wearing but that can buff him in a variety of useful ways.

Any non-living Arcanist? That's amazing.

-Steampunk arachnid swarm would be a good one for lots of activations, and a solid overall model.

-Snow storm could be fun for some movement shenanigans.

-Joss could be a nice buddy for johan if he's in your crew (and he makes Johan cost only 5 to balance Joss's extra cost!).

-Mechanical rider is a nice fast option.

-Soulstone miner?

-Rail golem?

-Metal gamin to bodyguard something (like a librarian?)

Some nice options added.

edit: How much does Vanessa cost?

Edited by decker_cky

That's not how Aetheric Demands works and you know it. All of the Effigies have Aetheric Demands, they aren't totems, if you could only ever take one, why would they all be special forces (Doll) and Aetheric Connection?

I'd need to check but I believe neverborn can ignore the effects of Aetheric Connection

Aetheric Demands: Non-Neverborn crews hiring this model must nominate one leader per model with this ability they hire. Those leaders cannot attach totems.

To which I respond: HENCHMEN. Specifically: Von Schill.... or not, I think I need to go to bed before I make a bigger fool of myself.

Edited by BlueStar86

Aetheric Demands: Non-Neverborn crews hiring this model moust nominate one leader per model with this ability they hire. Those leaders cannot attach totems.

To which I respond: HENCHMEN. Specifically: Von Schill.

But then Von Schill is Special Forces(Freikorps) so you couldn't hire an Arcane Effigy anyway. Unless Vanessa has special rules to ignore the Special Forces hiring restrictions.

Aetheric demands has a couple of ways of working.

1. Crews with multiple leaders (Brawl games for example). You could take multiple aetheric demands models in these and make use of their aetheric connection rule in this manner.

2. Neverborn crews. All neverborn ignore aetheric demands. Collodi and Zoraida may both make further use of aetheric connection as they can lead a doll special force (allowing a full set of effigies if you so chose).