Storm of Shadows - Resurrectionists Spoiler Thread

DeleteAccount

Remember he can kill an Ancestor and return it to Yan from anywhere on the board, so he can be useful if you need to use someone like Izamu out on a flank.

True, and better have it sacced and in Yan Lo's pocket than to have it die alone and unloved without having a chance to come back. Will depend on the corpses you have lying around though, you have to have a damn good reason to nuke a full Izamu without leaving corpses to resummon him on the other side with 2 wounds.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, and better have it sacced and in Yan Lo's pocket than to have it die alone and unloved without having a chance to come back. Will depend on the corpses you have lying around though, you have to have a damn good reason to nuke a full Izamu without leaving corpses to resummon him on the other side with 2 wounds.

Well, if it is killed, and not sacrificed, it will drop Counters... 3 Counters? That would mean a resummoned Izamu with at least 6 Wd if Yan Lo is close enough to get them... Sounds like an interesting plan if Izamu is about to be lost for any reason and/or if you really have to reposition him on the table.

Maybe not auto, but certainly there are extremely strong reasons to take him. Why wouldn't you?

As a thematic player who's not really sold on Chiaki or... Penny, Toshiro pretty much is auto-include, even though Izamu's model is much cooler imo (both will be in my crew though). While contradictory to what I believe I hope thematic 10T crews can hold their own in non-tournament, competetive enviorments. I'm currently very hopeful =]

It's just an action, I think.

My 35SS crew is likely going to look like:

Yan Lo - Cache + 3SS

Soul Porter - 2SS

Toshiro - 8SS

Izamu - 10SS

3 Ashigaru - 12SS

And hopefully that's only two purchases too (crew box and Toshiro is my guess) =]

The Warstore release list has Izamu listed as a release on his own for November, but my guess would be that Yan Lo's box will be:

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Toshiro

3 x Ashigaru

so still two purchases!

It's likely going to be the only box I like all the models in.

Mei Feng - Not a big of Emberling (especially with Shang looking so pretty)

Misaki - Not a fan of Ototo

Jakob - Jakob's the only model I really like there, but I don't play Neverborn.

I might like McCabe's set too, but I see Yan Lo being really fun to play. It's between him and Mei Feng for my regular Master.

@FearLord: I'm inclined to agree with you, but more because Izamu is on a 50mm base and Toshiro is on a 40mm.

That may or may not be important - looks like the Thunder box and the Rail Crew are 5 x 30mm and 1 x 40mm, but Dark Debts is 4 x 30mm and a 50mm...

I would guess that Yan Lo will be those models above (so 5 x 30mm + 1 x 40mm), but that McCabe will be 5 x 30mm and 1 x 50mm (McCabe, foot and mounted, 3 x Wastrels and Luna) although I could see it only having 2 Wastrels to stay in line with the number of models in the Dark Debts box (and depending on their rarity)...

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be 3 Ashigaru, so keeping the 6th figure on a 40mm base makes sense (together with the 10T synergy). Only reason Dark Debts kicked out (I guess) Graves is because the 50mm base model was a totem and one of the minions was also quite large.

With McCabe you're also geting a 50mm base model plus two 30mm models (McCabe on foot and Luna), so I think they'll also forgo the 40mm base minion and go with 3 Wastrels.

But all in all these have been the best starter box sets yet; crew building feels a lot less convoluted now =]

Graves isn't a dual faction model, I think that has something to do with him not being in the Dark Debts box set. All of the new box sets have models that are dual faction, I think that's done for a reason.

I do believe it will be:

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Toshiro

3x Ashigaru

Edit: The Ashigaru kind of goes against my thoughts on Graves not being in the Dark Debts box. Maybe we'll get lucky and see just the unique models with Yan Lo. Something like this:

Yan Lo

Soul Porter

Yin

Toshiro

Edited by Cornelious1424