Storm of Shadows - Resurrectionists Spoiler Thread

DeleteAccount

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First he gets a unique resource that he gets as his minions die. He instantly spends this to get permanant upgrades like new spells and triggers. Think rpg skill tree.

He doesn't get the rpg upgrades when Ancestors die; it has to be a non-Ancestor model. But yeah, he basically gets stronger when things are killed near him. He's got, like, some mobility options, and some defense options, some new spells he can get, some damage upgrades. Lot to choose from, can be quite adaptable. Chiaki can help him get the upgrades, if things are killed near her. It's an interesting mechanic he has.

What do you mean by Chaki makes undead models living? Cause that concerns me a little bit, all things considered, there's a good number of negatives to go along with being living.

She can, but you don't have to. It's very situational (facing a Justice Crew, for instance) but she has an aura that can turn off the Undead characteristic, or being in base with her does it as well.

Yeah was a bit vague on the Chi gathering bit. First gencon first prelease first time giving out spoilers.

I doubt Lo will hang onto relics very long if he can help it. Maybe the armor agianst trigger happy models.

Looking at list building the ancestors are fairly expensive. At 35 I might try just Toshiro and as

many punk zombies and ashigaru as I can cram in.

Yeah getting that balance right for the strategy and opponent is the trickest bit for him. Combined arms of Ashigaru and Punk Zombies are nice, he also likes Onryo hanging around as well.

Personally I like Chiaki with him a lot as she has a lot of useful tools for your own crew and against enemy non living models. Then I would look at either Izzy or Toshiro depending on what I had to acheive. Penny is great too and can really mess a lot of people up but I feel really shines in a Seamus crew.

First page updated and thanks a bunch to all.

Chiaki sounds interesting though still vague, hope she is a 6 stone or cheaper to lower a bit the ancestor posse costs. Giving living can be a life saver in those few matchups where it is a booboo but mostly seems cornercase for now.

Yan Lo sounds like he is all over the place, really won't be able to get a clear idea till I get the book and see how his talent trees work. Ancestor wise yeah, it sounds like it will be Chiaki + Toshiro or Izamu depending on what you are aiming for to keep points for other toys. Though a very agressive combo of Toshiro and Izamu could be quite interesting.

The part that I'm interested about Yan Lo is how does he exactly return an ancestor to the table? I mean, does he use corpse counters or a different resource like Toshiro? Does he need to level up to cast it or not? Because hot damn, a reraised Izamu can wreak huge amounts of chaos if he comes back and says hi.

Edited by Razhem

The part that I'm interested about Yan Lo is how does he exactly return an ancestor to the table? I mean, does he use corpse counters or a different resource like Toshiro? Does he need to level up to cast it or not? Because hot damn, a reraised Izamu can wreak huge amounts of chaos if he comes back and says hi.

It seems like he needs to have the Relic to summon the corresponding Ancestor, and he then uses Corpse counters to give them Wounds.. So an Izamu summoned with 3 Corpse Counters would come back on 6Wds.

Yan Lo sounds like he is all over the place, really won't be able to get a clear idea till I get the book and see how his talent trees work. Ancestor wise yeah, it sounds like it will be Chiaki + Toshiro or Izamu depending on what you are aiming for to keep points for other toys. Though a very agressive combo of Toshiro and Izamu could be quite interesting.

Yan Lo is a little too complicated to really explain a lot, but not difficult to understand when you're looking at it.....I don't play rezzers so didn't really look at him much and even I understood it.

On returning ancestors: the ancestor has to start the game in play. when it dies, Yan Lo can get the card due to reliquaries rule. Then it's a spell like other rezzers...needs a decent crow, a corpse counter, and the card. so he loses that reliquary perk, but the ancestor comes back.

edit: yeah, it is Wds equal to double the number of discarded corpse counters.

There are 3 paths you can choose to go up.. Spirit, Ash and Bone. You must complete each level of a path to get the next one. But you don't have to exclusively put points in a single path..

So you could grab level 1 in Spirit, then level 1 in Ash, then level 2 in Spirit and then boost that up to level 3.

Edited by Nyarlanthotep

There are several different trees.....each one is quite a bit different....which means that he can be customized during the game....your opponent won't know which Yan Lo he is facing until you start building him.....he could be more support, more casty, or more fighty.

When non-ancestor models in range are killed he gains a point to put into a tree....each tree has 4 levels with varying numbers of points to unlock and you have to go up in order.....each level is a nice buff and the top level of each tree is very strong.....you are allowed to put points into any tree but you can't skip levels within a tree.

Shouldn't be easy to get top-tier in any one tree, but when you do it can be game changing.....the top levels are that good.

This is where a few cheap models like canines can help him get up on pth a bit easier but it isnt worthwhile over investing that way.

Chiaki is nice and cheap think punk zombie cheap, have stay vague at the moment as although she also isnt complicated she offers a lot of utilty and has abilities that help under a variety of situations.

Yan Lo as dgraz said also has a lot going on but isnt difficult to understand. His flexibilty to adapt on the fly is one of his great strengths. Nico isnt the only one who can hand out paralysis in the ressers anymore.

I see what people mean with RPG like. Liking it a lot. The range I suppose will be between 8-10"? Though getting top tier should be a tad hard, my initial idea is Toshiro, Izamu, grave spirit, 2 ashigarus and a couple of night terrors or rotten belle, so to get top tier I have to lose a lot of my own models or be in a nice killing ground. Do the paths require undead/living models to die or is anything game?

any non-ancestor. (forgot about the controlled part......yeah, no mindless zombies)

Punk Zombies are super good with Toshiro. Strats and schemes will determine if they are better than the terrors and belle. If you get claim jump I'd go for the PZs with Ashigaru blockers.

Updated first post again, also...

Nico isnt the only one who can hand out paralysis in the ressers anymore.

Bete Noir, Avatar Seamus and the humble crooked man beg to differ ;)

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

any non-ancestor. (forgot about the controlled part......yeah, no mindless zombies)

Punk Zombies are super good with Toshiro. Strats and schemes will determine if they are better than the terrors and belle. If you get claim jump I'd go for the PZs with Ashigaru blockers.

Mmmm, second list then, Toshiro, Izamu, a couple of punks, an ashigaru and that leaves me to go with either grave spirit or soul porter. Soul porter's main skit seems to be to make sure no relics are lost and from what I understand the only other reliquery is chiaki, so I'm thinking he won't be as useful without her around. Though linking him to anybody and having him just constantly cast empower ancestors constantly is pretty damn huge.

Soul porter's main skit seems to be to make sure no relics are lost and from what I understand the only other reliquery is chiaki, so I'm thinking he won't be as useful without her around.

Remember he can kill an Ancestor and return it to Yan from anywhere on the board, so he can be useful if you need to use someone like Izamu out on a flank.