Storm of Shadows - Neverborn Spoiler Thread

Nephalumps

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't suppose there's anything yet on the Depleted? I'm pondering on how to fill up my $100, and was wondering how vital they were to Mr Lynch's game. Are they similar to Nicodem and his Mindless Zombies?

Not essential, but very very useful, they are tough tanking models that the Hungering Darkness can use as snacks.

Fantastic to see a tricksy crew along with tougher models; they seem fairly well-rounded depending on how heavy-hitting the Hungering Darkness will be.

Does anyone have any info on how long a Gencon order would typically take to reach the UK? I'm not exactly sure whether to get it sent to my current address or the place in York where I'll be staying from the end of September.

... except for the one we already know about, he just seems very anti-fun.

I know it depends a lot on the groups and meta, but I am a guild/resser/outcast player that plays against neverborn a lot and played a few games against Mr Tannen... I can tell you, he is a great support model and is not anti-fun... it is a model that places auras that are not too different in "feeling" than Jack Daw does...

There was one game, that because of terrain positioning, he basically won the game for my opponent, but that was not a model feature... it was my opponent smartly playing terrain to his advantage... most of the time, it is possible to deal with him like you would do with any model of comparable power/SS cost. There are a few skills/abilities/models in the game that I don't like, but Mr Tannen is not among them...

He literally oozes fluff...

Just my .02c.

Don't suppose that Beckoners are also Showgirls? :)

Even if they were showgirls, how would you fit a neverborn model into an Arcanist crew? ;)

I really like Beckoners myself. They're very good at handing out Brilliance for the Hungry Hippo and the rest of the crew to take advantage of plus they've got the ability to draw models towards them. Not Lure, but a variation. Personally, I think they'll find a place in non-Lynch crews.

Oh and btw, most of the models in Jakobs crew have some way of taking advantage of brilliance on enemy models.

Depleted are cheap and tough. Kind of like Drowned I think. Their cost and role makes them great for a Jakob Lynch crew, but it's doubtful you'll see them with other Masters.

Graves is a melee beater, but has alot of great ways of moving other models around too. Did I mention how much I love Push effects? :D

Illuminated are damage dealers. Ranged and melee, they'll do both. Should combo well with the beckoners to draw models out of cover and give them Brilliance, while the illuminated shoot them at range.

Hungry Hippo can pseudo-obey enemy models with brilliance on them. Or tear them to pieces, either is good. :)

Jakob has a pistol that can do some interesting things, but is otherwise all about card manipulation. Gambling and risk vs reward is a common theme.

Even if they were showgirls, how would you fit a neverborn model into an Arcanist crew? ;)

I really like Beckoners myself. They're very good at handing out Brilliance for the Hungry Hippo and the rest of the crew to take advantage of plus they've got the ability to draw models towards them. Not Lure, but a variation. Personally, I think they'll find a place in non-Lynch crews.

Oh and btw, most of the models in Jakobs crew have some way of taking advantage of brilliance on enemy models.

Depleted are cheap and tough. Kind of like Drowned I think. Their cost and role makes them great for a Jakob Lynch crew, but it's doubtful you'll see them with other Masters.

Graves is a melee beater, but has alot of great ways of moving other models around too. Did I mention how much I love Push effects? :D

Illuminated are damage dealers. Ranged and melee, they'll do both. Should combo well with the beckoners to draw models out of cover and give them Brilliance, while the illuminated shoot them at range.

Hungry Hippo can pseudo-obey enemy models with brilliance on them. Or tear them to pieces, either is good. :)

Jakob has a pistol that can do some interesting things, but is otherwise all about card manipulation. Gambling and risk vs reward is a common theme.

Yeah, now I'm worried I should have gone with the Beckoners instead of the Depleted. I guess that's more fodder for my Zoraida though.

Is there any reason that I would need more than one box of everything they are releasing for the Neverborn. I don't want to get all my stuff and the book and then be like, OH I have to have another box of beckoners or depleted or even that I would be better off with another one of each. I'm really hoping they are rare so I don't have to even think about putting extras in a crew, any answer to this would be awesome so I can make my order.