Storm of Shadows - Arcanists Spoiler Thread

Nephalumps

I have one word for you Arcanists: "Kang"... omg. And if you declare 10T as a faction, Kang+Torakage=win.

Any details? Kang seems to be the only thing we don't have details for (I've heard lots of generally good stuff, just nothing concrete.)

Thanks very much to everyone for posting up info! I'm very, very close to buying the Rail Crew as a result. :)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have the book in my hands, but my friend at GenCon sent me a briefing of his stats, so baring he being drunk, it goes like this:

Cb 7:mask, 3/4/6 dg, auto-knockback trigger

+1 Melee Expert

Hard To Kill

Slow to Die

Automatic heal beginning of each activation phase

When he kills stuff, gives :+ bonuses to friendly living models

Ignores obscuring auras like the ones created by Mei's crew and stitched's

And some more things

IMO, he only loses melee combat to masters like Vikies, Lady J and McMorning... among minions, he defeats even the likes of Taylor....

IMO, this guy should be hired by Guild, not by the *edited*lovely*edited* arcanists... :)

I don't have the book in my hands, but my friend at GenCon sent me a briefing of his stats, so baring he being drunk, it goes like this:

Cb 7:mask, 3/4/6 dg, auto-knockback trigger

+1 Melee Expert

Hard To Kill

Slow to Die

Automatic heal beginning of each activation phase

When he kills stuff, gives :+ bonuses to friendly living models

Ignores obscuring auras like the ones created by Mei's crew and stitched's

And some more things

IMO, he only loses melee combat to masters like Vikies, Lady J and McMorning... among minions, he defeats even the likes of Taylor....

Sweet merciful crap that is one nasty railroad dude.

Thanks for the info!

3.) It's going to be super easy to get ahead of the rest of her crew, and even with her defensive stats, your opponent will have good incentive to cut her down before the rest of her team shows up to help.

So I'm curious if you can use Railwalker as a lasso. One of the things I'll do with Seamus is companion a Belle to Sybelle, send out Sybelle to do some damage, and then use the Belle to Lure Sybelle back to the group. I could see something similiar with RailWalker, charge in, do some damage, then casting expert Railwalker to get out of there.

@ Razhem - he's 8 SS.

Wookie, I think that that will be one of the ways to play her. It all depends - she's at her most vulnerable before she activates each turn, so you have to weigh the options - either hop in beat face and hop out, but dont do as much as you could, or hop in, beat face a lot and then iron skin to have some protection.

If you win initiative next turn, she goes crazy again and *then* railwalks out.

(posting this without reading the entire thread so I'm sorry if it has been answered already)

Is there anything in the book that is useful (and perhaps fluffy, not body hair but story wise) for Rasputina?

Metal Gamin and Rail Golem are both good with her (though some will notice that there is a slight debuff when the Rail Golem is used with Rasputina, but I still think he's a great choice even with it).

And I think that a Train trying to cut it's way through the snowy mountains feels quite thematic

Really pleased I stretched myself to get the railcrew after reading this thread.

Mei sounds like she may end up my favourite of the three newly released masters.

Me too.

I'm glad I grabbed her crew. I'm glad I grabbed the Gamin. And, as always, I'm glad I grabbed my Willie.

Now I need to resist buying the awesome sounding Rail Golem; forget army centerpieces, he's gonna be a battlefield centerpiece.

*sigh*

why are the pretty ones always so complicated...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

So you're telling me she moves like collodi, hits like Lady Justice, dodges like Perdita, whirlwinds better than LCB(!), and fuels her green lantern ring almost as well as Zoraida?

This is not helping my game balance apprehensions.

Oh, hush. It'll be nice for Arcanists to have a "broken" model for once. Now if they could just introduce a few models that would be utility for all Arcanists, the way guild, Neverborn, and Ressers have...

Why, no, I don't consider Collette broken.

In less silly news, I'm actually really digging all the masters being pre-released. I may have to get heavy into 10T...my poor aching budget....

Edited by Dracomax
to attempt to make tone clear and avoid doublepost

Don't jump the gun. She can't do everything at once......it would take a true perfect storm for her to appear broke-tastic. Even building the perfect hand over a couple of turns then letting loose, she can still only do so much.

*sigh*

why are the pretty ones always so complicated...

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

So you're telling me she moves like collodi, hits like Lady Justice, dodges like Perdita, whirlwinds better than LCB(!), and fuels her green lantern ring almost as well as Zoraida?

I think you are confusing Mei with some sort of nightmare reality you've come up with.

Firstly, collodi can move with most of his crew across the board in a single set of activations. Mei on the other hand requires preplacement of constructs, and needs to use her *own* AP to get from point A to point B.

secondly, she has a nice damage spread. This is ok, considering she is the arcanists *only* dedicated melee master. When you compare her to Lady J, she has a lower Cb, a much lower damage output (both from direct Dg from her attacks, and also from fewer attacks getting through, as well as Lady J being able to Onslaught something to death). At best she's more similar to the vikkies, and even there she's got a much lower Dg output than them too.

Thirdly, you *really* need to reread the stat card for chompy. He doesnt whirlwind, he onslaughts. Even then, Whirlwind and Tigers Fury need to bounce between models, and on top of that has a lower chance of successfully attacking. Also, she has a lower immediate threat range and lower Cb than the vikkies (who *do* whirlwind).

about the zoraida thing....uh, come again?

Edited by Tograth

Thirdly, you *really* need to reread the stat card for chompy. He doesnt whirlwind, he onslaughts. Even then, Whirlwind and Tigers Fury need to bounce between models, and on top of that has a lower chance of successfully attacking. Also, she has a lower immediate threat range and lower Cb than the vikkies (who *do* whirlwind).

Yep, LCB is very much a character assassin, he can drop onto things and kill them outright. Mei is more of a multiple target model, she is not nearly as good at killing one big model as she is at moving between multiple weak models laying down damage.

Yep, LCB is very much a character assassin, he can drop onto things and kill them outright. Mei is more of a multiple target model, she is not nearly as good at killing one big model as she is at moving between multiple weak models laying down damage.

And this is why I just ordered her and the accompanying Rail Gamin/Golem. I also ordered Willie, but that's just because he's really funny. :)

Spoilers can and do motivate sales! *wink*

Whoa whoa whoa everyone. Nobody's gonna hurt anybody. We're gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what's Fonzie like? Come on guys, what's Fonzie like? Cool? Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool.

*ehem*

Anyways, to get a little more on track here...honestly with what an interesting mechanic she's got I think she might have replaced Misaki as next on my list. Though those Torakage are really calling out to me...