Sign in to follow this  
Damori

New to table top games

Hi there I am new to table top games and was wondering if anyone had anything at all they could share that could help me out. I want to start playing Malifaux but have no clue where to begin!?

You should also check out the Downloads page from the main Malifaux site. There you will find the Rules manual pdf, errata and FAQ, and the old Wyrd Chronicles to get some background fluff. If you are new to miniatures as well, look at the miniatures matters part of the forum for painting advice.

Hey welcome!

Malifaux was my first introduction to miniatures games as well - I found that the best thing to do is to just go out, find a group of gamers and jump right in. Seems a bit daunting at first but I've found that most people are keen on giving the new guy a game, and you'll be cheating fate like a pro in no time!

You should also check out the Downloads page from the main Malifaux site. There you will find the Rules manual pdf, errata and FAQ, and the old Wyrd Chronicles to get some background fluff. If you are new to miniatures as well, look at the miniatures matters part of the forum for painting advice.

Don't forget the v2 stat cards in the Downloads section.

If you have miniatures, you can substitute what you have for what's on the card. If not, you could use paper miniatures or even just bases of the right size with the model's name (e.g. "Death Marshal #3") added to them somehow.

Give it a few games and see if you like it before buying.