[Local Meta] C. Hoffman against Kirai: Guild Side

Jonas Albrecht

I'm trying to create two-fold approach to our local meta of C. Hoffman vs. Kirai. In this thread, I'm hoping Guild players will share their experiences and theoryfaux regarding this match up.

Of particular interest:

Strategies and Schemes that favor Hoffman

Kirai weaknesses that Hoffman can exploit

Hoffman weaknesses that Kirai can exploit

Fair enough. My knowledge of Hoffman is limited. Actually my knowledge of Kirai is limited too. Sorry I can't help more. I think some specific pairing tacita type things could be interesting and useful.

Well, you're not wrong. The usual C. Hoffman lineup is very sparse when it comes to magical damage. Now, Open Circuit is amazing (With a potential output of 20 damage in a single round), but it's hardly a tool for every occasion.

An interesting proposition - but what is the context? As if your opponent is declaring 'Ressers' - what is the impetus to pick hoffman and now Lady J or Sonnia?

Or is this a specific instance where two players continually beat on each other with the same crews and get the same results? (Hoff loss, presumably)

An interesting proposition - but what is the context? As if your opponent is declaring 'Ressers' - what is the impetus to pick hoffman and now Lady J or Sonnia?

Curiosity over this specific match up (and I personally don't enjoy playing Sonnia or Lady Justice).

And while you're right about it being two people using the same crews, I suppose local meta is a bit of a misnomer, since that's the context that I'm trying to take this out of.

And I have yet to lose with C. Hoffman against Kirai.

If I bring Ryle into my Hoffman lists (who wouldnt do too badly against Kirai with lots of small damage that isnt really affected by spirit) I do bring slong a Witchling Stalker as well for the push from nearest living model, plus he is a great 4ss utility model as well.

A hoffman list with a exorcist added would generally solve the lack of magic weapon problem. Though you would need to make sure you can protect him cause he more than likely would have the biggest target on his head atleast from the kirai perspective.

That is the best advice I can give I don't own/play hoffman and my general go to is dita if I play against a person announcing ressers. You might have to point crunch to fit a exorcist in but the general strengths of ryle/peacekeeper (armor plus a healthy amount of wounds are generally circumvented by a kirai crew in that they generally have a shikome plus a lot of their models outright ignore armor.

Also for the schemes it would help to know what you are generally comfortable doing plus what tendancies said player likes to pull out with kirai as well?

My son loves hoffman and likes to include a Hunter if he thinks I will Kirai. I am basically forced to either declare shikome's "prey" as the hunter, or pretty much guarantee that he will have the hunter (0) Shadow her and follow her all over the board to kill her since she cannot hit back if hunter is not the prey...

He forces me to waste swirls on her because the hunter can get pretty fast when shadowing.