Three Seamus Changes... Please?

Gruesome

"he who shall not be named"

Sandwich!

...sorry, I hate that trope, lol.

Honestly, I think Ressers will be in a much better position as Ten Thunders overall comes into play. They're pretty popular right now, and I know that when I played Misaki against Seamus over the weekend, it became a real 'Okay...Seamus really needs to die before he can Avatar'. At the same time, the new Resser stuff will help a lot too. Ashigaru will be an interesting thing to toss into a Seamus list, even with nothing else. Belles Lure and the Ashigaru Lunge have potential for entertainment, and then there's Izamu on top of it.

I played Seamus a LOT (exclusively for about 12 months) and while I dont really use him much at the moment (just finished a big play period of hoffman and now onto Misaki). I did quite well with him and do see him as viable (I would love +1 or 2 to his cache and/or the loss of :ranged on live for pain but can live without them). Generally I play him during demo games now but if people relly want I can start bringing him back out to get back into the groove of playing him again.

Although it may be a little bias I do belive a lot of what is written about Seamus on Pullmyfinger is good and can help. While I dont have the time to write another dedicated tactica I am happy for people to ask questions and I will answer them and try things or how I would approach certain situations with what tools etc (just dont flood me please :) )

• 1 year later...

I personally think seamus is pretty much spot on as he is... Even as a long term seamus player (m1e), I've watched him get neutered on a number of levels... Healing rate... The terror engine (terrifying 12, effectively 14 with the -2wp in m1e) that is making people flip everytime they fart anywhere near seamus, coupled with his funky ability to attack people for free when they have failed a WP duel, seamus used to be an absolute tank that nobody could really afford to mess with...

If it wasn't for the frozen heart ability, my redchapel crew would have regularly made absolute mockery of my local games clubs raspy player... And to the detriment of enjoyment of the game...

His recent changes, I believe, have inspired the player to play like a serial killer... To pre empt his opponents moves and spring a trap... Rather than standing in the limelight cackling and exerting his power he now skulks... Dark and unseen, waiting to strike. Even just acting in a certain way to make your opponent falsely pre empt, and fall into his carefully placed web.

At first I didn't like the update to the terror rules (mainly due to the complete loss of a potent tactic). These days, with clever activation and target selection, it's much easier to limit the effect of terror, rather than just a morale duel for activating in it's radius. Now I quite like it because it encourages a more tactile approach even when trying to apply the fear cage than trying to avoid it....

That all said I still haven't seen the avatar card for seamus so I'm not entirely sure to what extent of scary his terror gets....

I suppose what I'm trying to say is with the correct and appropriate support, I believe, seamus can be one of the most powerful and adaptable masters in the game regardless of his soulstone cache...

Interesting topic too, purely because I've never heard anyone say seamus needs to be more powerful, although now you mention it... It would be nice if even those pesky frozen hearts could be paralysed... Even if only seamus can do it ;)

Gotta love kids for hammering your keyboard while you type :)

I reckon izamu is fair game for most rezzers lists purely for his standalone value as a "here I am deal with me!" Thing

I'm confused as to why you necro'd this thread for a topic that was PRE-WAVE 1 Beta?!

As already pointed out, this was a thread from two year ago, before Malifaux 2nd Edition when the rules for Seamus were both very different and significantly less groovy. 

Thread Locked, plus I'm banning you all on account of being cranky because my daughter didn't get her nap today (no, not really). :)

• Like 1