izikial

Alviaran, as for your reasoning for going with aPandy, frankly, they are still playing vs Pandora for 3-4 turns and she can have most matches won at around turn 4, so don't bother using her to "handicap" yourself. Best you can do is crew swap to help your local guys to deal with her and so on or change it up to another master more often to dilute the hate.

While I do love all the resurrectionist avatars and I feel I'm the only stout knight for aKirai, there are a bunch of avatars I just look at and don't really see the point, aPandy and aDreamer are a couple of those.

Fair enough. I've only played her once and she is low on my list of things to do.

aDreamer makes me sad. I just have no desire to play him. The concept is cool and all but the actual model coming through the portal is disappointing. It doesn't look like either version of Chompy IMO. And it's rules are really underwhelming. He just seems to take everything he was good at and dump it. Also, since I have Nightmare Chompy, I don't really wanna' remove him for this MUCH smaller and less impressive model too! :P

aZoraida and aLilith though are the ones I am interested in. Wanna' get me some Waldgeists and figure out a list/strategy/scheme setup for when I wanna' drop aLilith.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aZoraida and aLilith though are the ones I am interested in. Wanna' get me some Waldgeists and figure out a list/strategy/scheme setup for when I wanna' drop aLilith.

I use both of these regularly and whilst a Lilith is not nearly as useful as aZ - in my opinion - she is still lots of fun.

I am also finding the aPandora discussion interesting as I have picked her up but yet to give her a try. Still love the miniature anyway and in game effectiveness is not everything I look for when buying a miniature.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

My apologies. I am curious though with the collodi dead rider list, dont you find avater Leveticus a little hamstrung without the melee expert? You can live without the crow, although pale rider tends to almost always do well for me. Aside from once when an Ortega red joke red him and flipped trigger happy twice.

It just seems like without at least two riders you aren't getting many of his synergies, and wasting a full avatar turn to summon one has rarely seemed like something I had time for, but I've mostly played him in tournament games which were ending by turn five.

Also I usually only use 2 riders. But sometimes three. I think dead is the best as a minion but the worst with aLevi cause he's so high cost and his buff is meh. But I'm also a bit of a death star player. Comes from loving the models more than the rules. :P

I use aLevi mostly for his mobility and card draw engine. If I wanted to stick with killing power I would have kept Levi. I find that from turns 4 on most of my crew have done their job and now it's time to finish the mission. Besides did you forget that you can summon a rider :P

Here are the Avatars I own, and how often I use them:

McMourning: I only have played him once since painting Simulacrum 29, and I bought the option to Manifest, but got killed by Malifaux Rats just before I could do so. I believe I'll pay for Manifesting every game, and Manifest usually.

Ramos: I pretty much always Manifest. So good!

Zoraida: I always Manifest.

Pandora: I buy the option to Manifest, and generally plan my Schemes based on picking a spot to Manifest. Usually this is very worth it.

Leveticus: I have only Manifested him once and it didn't seem worth it.

Som'er: I haven't played him since painting my Avatar. Would Manifest quickly, though.

Viktorias: I haven't played them since painting my Avatar. Would Manifest quickly, though.