Arcanist Laboratories

GcFlash

It has been a long time since I have posted anything Wyrd, but as my local club is running a league I have finally getting round to painting some more Malifaux minis :) Rather than giving my Ramos crew the usual steampunk look I decided to paint them up with a Portal theme, while they may be a little mono-chrome I hope you like them:

Ramos (with an attempt at osl on white)

Ramos.jpg

Steampunk Arachnids (on un-accessorised bases)

SteampunkArachnids.jpg

Steampunk Arachnid Swarm (with puzzle cube)

SteampunkArachnids2.jpg

Sadly the poor little arachnids did not survive there trip across the pond and their some of their legs were weakened or already broken so had to be replaced with pins. To make matters worse I just got a pack of the alternate versions and none of them have front legs :(

That's all I have done for now, but I have the remainder of a 35pt crew get on with over the next few weeks.

Cheers

There is a Steamborg (with green stuff Aperture jumpsuit), Brass Arachnid and Joss; though I do fancy picking up a Large Arachnid, Mobile tool kit (as it looks like the bot from Portal 2) and a few other bits and bobs. As for the bases I want to make a few more iconic portal items such as blue and orange goo, plus pipes, buttons, confetti and of course a slice of cake! :)

Cheers

Thanks folks, I'm glad they have tickled you :)

@EternalVoid, the strip is the made from perspex (the stuff used for window glazing) and is supposed to be the energy bridge you use in the game, with Ramos using it to traverse some electrified water.

@RebeccaJo, you must have read my mind (or it's just too go an oppertunity to miss) with the companion cube... though I will just have one on its base. As for GLaDOS I did consider the executioner as a full blown conversion, but I figured it might just be easier to have its severed head on its base if I decide to got that way. I will need to do some tests making GLaDOS.

My scrap counters are going to have to have little radios and cds :)

Cheers

Just a quick update with a Steamborg Executioner (you have to feel sorry for test subjects who survive testing only for GLaDOS to 'upgrade' them):

SteamborgExicutioner.jpg

Excuse the drying water effect on the base :)

And I have added a little extra detail to the Arachnid Swarms base, as it was a little too mono-chrome for my liking:

SteampunkArachnidSwarmupdate.jpg

Hopefully I will have time over the next few days to get the brass arachnid and electrical creation done in time for some gaming on Thursday.

Cheers

I'll be honest, when I came into the thread down at the bottom, I was already really liking the stark white on them. Scrolled up and saw the Companion Cube and I laughed. Really like the whole thing. The scheme itself looks fantastic and is well executed.

I'd really like to see more constructs and the Avatar in this scheme!

Yeah I have considered getting Ramatar, purely for gamey reasons as he is just better, but the model is cool too. A large Steam Punk Arachnid won't go wrong for more steam spiders, but I'm struggling to see more models that will fit the Portal theme well.

Cheers