Market for Santana

SantanaMan

Well, in order to make an informed choice, one needs to have background information.

I know that last year's model (the female Convict Gunslinger) has sold recently for $35+S&H, so that gives us a baseline, at least a year out for that particular figure. A lot of factors will influence this of course; is the sculpt more highly sought after than that one? Is the model (a Death Marshal) more frequently used than the CG? Will a similar number be released? How many HM will be interested in parting with them (so basically combined; how will the supply match the demand)?

Those are generally rhetorical questions, but I am curious, do any of our more long term players recall what happened with Miss Demeanor last year? Were there a bunch for sale? Was there massive demand driving up the price?

Unless something is massively out of whack (huge supply versus the demand, which I highly doubt) I'd figure $10-30 wouldn't be unreasonable, with the potential for some to sell for much more based on a few well funded individuals being willing to overpay just ensure they procure one.

But we probably won't know for certain until mid August when they begin a trickle of availability and we see just how many people can afford to pony up cash, especially during/after Gencon orders eat up a sizable chunk of disposable income.

@Forar. Your assumptions work for Miss Terious(or however you spell it). As its distribution will be similiar to last year(You get one per $100 spent)

Santana is different. She will be much more limited(at least to start). Only Henchman that do a large amount of summer events will score one(or work a lot at Gencon itself). I would guess you that post Gencon/Deadheat that less then 500 are floating around in circulation.

The key here is that they will all go to Henchman. Most will keep one for themselves, so that will eliminate a large number of them. Those few Henchman with spares will most likely use them as really nice prize support for there events or big thank you gifts to there regular players.

Personally I am banking I will end up with 3 of them. One I will keep and the other two will be prize support. The only way I would contemplate ebaying one is if I had a severe financial emergency.

Well, in order to make an informed choice, one needs to have background information.

I know that last year's model (the female Convict Gunslinger) has sold recently for $35+S&H, so that gives us a baseline, at least a year out for that particular figure. A lot of factors will influence this of course; is the sculpt more highly sought after than that one? Is the model (a Death Marshal) more frequently used than the CG? Will a similar number be released? How many HM will be interested in parting with them (so basically combined; how will the supply match the demand)?

Those are generally rhetorical questions, but I am curious, do any of our more long term players recall what happened with Miss Demeanor last year? Were there a bunch for sale? Was there massive demand driving up the price?

Unless something is massively out of whack (huge supply versus the demand, which I highly doubt) I'd figure $10-30 wouldn't be unreasonable, with the potential for some to sell for much more based on a few well funded individuals being willing to overpay just ensure they procure one.

But we probably won't know for certain until mid August when they begin a trickle of availability and we see just how many people can afford to pony up cash, especially during/after Gencon orders eat up a sizable chunk of disposable income.

The big difference between Santana and Demeanor is, 1 was given away for spending money at/during the con weekend, the other is henchman only, and even we can only get her during this summer. I have no idea how many HM will procure her over the course of the next month, but I do know that it wasn't easy to get her for most people. Only time will tell on this one. I already know a couple people who want to buy her.

I'm curious....

Are there henchmen who are seriously considering getting 1 or more of the Santana model to sell them?

I guess if this is the case, each to thier own. I know that I really appreciate that a special model is being made available as a reward for my work on Wyrd's behalf.

Are there henchmen who are seriously considering getting 1 or more of the Santana model to sell them?

Like I said early, no at the moment. But if god forbid I lost my job and needed to make a mortgage payment, it would be one of the first things up on ebay :)

I really do appreciate the model Wyrd is making for us especially since its my favourite faction and favourite Minion. Its almost as if they made it just for me! :)

I know that I really appreciate that a special model is being made available as a reward for my work on Wyrd's behalf.

+1 to that. People that love the game enough to be a henchman are probably going to want to keep it and not many will manage to get multiples. I'd be surprised if more than a few come up for sale.

Personally I hope the Henchmen only get one copy and they see it as I do; as a personal gift for all their hard work, and you don't sell or give personal gifts away.

I'm not bothered by only the henchmen getting Santana, they work really hard for it, what I am bothered by is some 'regular' players having a Santana and most other players not.

I say every non-henchmen should (be able to) get one or noone at all.

To get just one Santana, as a Henchman you would have needed to run 3-5 seperate events over the past 1.5 months. For me that's required a fair amount of effort, so I can't imagine what other henchmen would have had to go through to get 2, 3 or even 4 Santanas.

So I guess my point here is that if someone's gone to enough effort to get a spare Santana or three, then frankly they deserve to do what they want with them. ;)

I can understand how alot of others want one for themselves though. Technically she adds no in-game benefit, but she's a beautiful model and I know I'd be somewhat envious if I couldn't get one.

Last year's model was not the convict. Santana is an even more rare and limited model that cannot be purchased. Nothing like it has ever been made. It could potentially go higher than a LCB in its highest.

Thank you NE, Nilus, It appears my cursory Googling on the matter missed that rather important point.

If the numbers will truly be that limited, then yes, I could see the opening bids starting at "$Texas" and going up from there.

As a Magic player I suppose this shouldn't be a surprise for a company to reward those who take the time to teach others and help events run smoothly with custom/limited edition promotional items. In Magic they're generally referred to as "Judge Foils", and command prices between $2.50 and $250 apiece, again based on supply and demand.

Just a shame such an awesome sculpt will see so little table time. With so few out there I imagine only a fraction of a percentage of players will ever see one 'in the wild', and an even smaller fraction will own one, barring a future release of some sort (a third figure combined with Miss T would make for an awesome Female Death Marshal pack).

Edited by Forar