Square Orange Games

banshee

@petegreen: Sam was a great help to us over here, allowing us to do custom orders for stuff not on his site, invoicing us through Paypal, free fast delivery. The guy was a gent! We even had advertising links up on all our club and personal websites for him. I have the Google tracking data for all of it!

But he burned his bridges with us. Refusing to answer any communications, failure to complete orders and a lack of website updates just put the nails in the coffin.

If he or you wants to get in touch personally then please send me a PM and I will send over my contact details. I am more than happy to discover anything about Square Orange that has happened in the last 5+ months.

So, Pete, the offer is there for either you or Sam.

Regards,

D.

Totally agree with Daemonkin. I'd be happy to hear from Sam, or better still receive the £32 he owes me. I had a similar experience with Square Orange at the beginning of the year with great service etc but when I only part of my order showed up and I had no replies to my emails I started to get a little suspicious. I tried repeatedly to contact him by phone and email and when I received no reply, I traced his address through Companies House and wrote to him. Throughout all of this the webstore remained open. If he is indeed trading again now, I'll look forward to getting a reply to one of my many attempts to contact him.

None of my postings here have been either 'false' or 'malicious', they are a documentation of my experiences posted here in an attempt to find out if my experiences have been shared by others. If they serve as a warning to others, I consider that to be a service to my fellow gamers.

I agree with the last two posters - Square Orange Games were fantastic and I always used to buy my Malifaux stuff from there due to their good prices, fast delivery, and excellent service and communications. However my last order with them was never dispatched - I emailed several times over a period of about a month but got no response, and there was no answer on the phone either so I felt forced to put in a claim via Paypal. They couldn't get a response either and so I ended up getting a refund.

Nothing 'false' or 'malicious', I'd have been happy to continue to do business with them if only they'd got in contact and explained what was going on and why the delay, but they didn't and so now I buy my Malifaux stuff elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

looked for Square Orange Games today and their web site is down, I sent an email and that was bounced back, so in last resort I phoned Sam. Apparently his web hosting site is playing up and his site has been up and down all month. He is very frustrated by the troubles that he has experienced over the past 6 months with both his phone and site host. He cannot contact any customers when the site is down as the site keeps all the records and he can't access the emails so he is unable to contact customers explaining the situation. To add to the problems when the site is down many of the emails that are sent at that time get lost in the system. Even orders are getting lost in the site and the first thing Sam knows about it is when PayPal inform him they have made a refund to his customer. He is a great guy and not going anywhere so if you don't get a reply try again as I have done, apparently he is trying to get a new host up and running in the new year which will allow him to get things back to normal. I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't had the service they expected and I also feel very sorry for Sam as he is ill and the hassle this has caused him over the past year is making him worse.

• 2 weeks later...
I used the email address above just yesterday but have yet to receive a response. Given that it is Christmas I will give a week or so for a reasonable time limit to receive a response. Let's hope.

D.

Strange, I used this email yesterday, 3rd of jan and got an immediate response

@petegreen. Sorry, been a busy Xmas. I got a response on Boxing Day so I can confirm the email address is valid and working. I can understand that he has been having problems with either his site and/or email addresses as they are linked but I will just have a caution when I deal with him until he can allay my fears.

Let me reiterate I have personally never had any issues with orders not fulfilled but a guy in our group has had some Malifaux models outstanding with Square Orange for some months now.

D.

• 1 month later...